Occasional Contributor

Trilogy over 55 Community north of Orlando

I recently visited this Trilogy location and liked what I saw. Does anyone live here or know someone that does that can give me their opinion on the community? I am a single female 60 years of age looking for a friendly atmosphere with some activity. Thanks much. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Trilogy over 55 Community north of Orlando

Sometimes the "mebership fees" can be quite high.....(like in the thousands of dollars).     I would check that out FIRST............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am aware of this community.  There are many over 55 communities in Central Florida.  I live in one of them, not Trilogy.  Look at a few of them before making a decision.  

What are the monthly fees, does the community own the golf course and what is involved, what are the amenities and which ones are included in monthly fees, what are the covenants and can you live with them.  Many other considerations before a final decision is made.  Wishing you well.  We love Central Florida.

Edited to add:  I noticed you are a single person.  Many of the communities have single groups that do fun things together - go to dinner, plays, etc.  Because of the age group you would not have difficulty with a social life.

Honored Contributor

No info.

but if I could find a place like this.......

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Sunset-Daze-Reality-Show-Set-Arizona-Retirement-Community-7986...

Remember this show about seniors?  I enjoyed it!

Esteemed Contributor

The over 55 community I live in in Virginia is currently be transitioned into a Trilogy community.  Our original developer went belly up after 170 of the 2000 planned homes were built.    After 3 years of no new homes and a unbuilt club house a new developer purchased the property.  The development will now be 1000 age restricted homes and 1000 regular homes.  Trilogy homes became the builder for the over 55 homes and brought in Blue Star to run and manage all the facilities.  Blue star is a subsidiary of Shea homes.  Trilogy is also a Shea homes subsidiary.   New purchasers buying a Trilogy home here now pay a one time fee of $4000.00 to become a member of the Shenandoah Club which encompasses the clubhouse and the fitness center and two Pools.  Those of us who already lived here are exempt from paying the fee.  When the Trilogy owners sell their homes the fee is payable by the new buyer but the money goes back to the owner who originally paid it.

Respected Contributor

@lor Read carefully what @KathyPet said.  There are communities like the one she mentioned that hit you with enormous costs up front for golf courses, roads, etc.  I do not live in one of those. I cannot speak for Trilogy in Central Florida, but worth looking into. 

Honored Contributor

Trilogy communities have a lot of style and beauty and they're being built all over the country

That being said, I was researching one in Washington state but learned that Trilogy did not insulate the homes properly and had to make lots of corrections, some of which were still being complained about since Trilogy was not doing the repairs properly.  This was maybe a year ago.

I can't speak to their communities in Florida (or anywhere else), but I would be very careful and do all the research you need to do before signing and/or paying, @lor

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

We have a place in Trilogy in Gilbert, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix.  We live in Los Angeles, and go to our place about every 6 weeks.  We have friends there, and have a lot of fun.  This Trilogy is wonderful.  They have constant activities, the best Exercise program, I take the classes all the time when I am there.  My friends who live there go to lot's of activities.  Trilogy really runs an A plus program.  Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

The Trilogy in Gilbert borders a municipal golf course, so that is not a problem.  The monthly dues for maintainance are very cheap.  I can only talk of our home, which was very well built.

Honored Contributor

We had thought about going to a over 55 yrs of age community, but, I've heard the rules aren't enforced.

If they have policy advertised of ONLY older folks you find out the trouble with that is the people who have older kids, lose their jobs, come back home in their 30's and 40's and bring THEIR kids with them, so, now you got young kids and teenagers to contend with.

Management doesn't enforce the bylaws, rules, so, you might as well buy a small house in a nice community and take your chances. LOL