Respected Contributor

Re: This is too funny ... new "guy" on the street!!!

When my Mom was 93 and living in a retirement village, she was stalked by a 100 year old man!  So, sometimes there's snow on the roof AND fire in the furnace!!!

Respected Contributor

I can top that one....my in-laws loved each other deeply and we knew it, their friends knew it, and their community knew it....It all started at the receiving line at MIL's funeral: the single women promptly began making advances towards FIL-MIL had not even been burried yet. We, the children, saw it and were distraught over it.

At a Jewish burial, a period of mourning begins called Shiva.  Mourners bring food for the immediate family.

We held it at FIL's house.  It didn't take long for us children to see we had to run interference to protect FIL from vultures.  It was disgusting.  After everybody left for the evening, he told us that one lady volunteered to spend the night that night!!!! Incredible!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Oh boy....sunny beautiful here today!

Its like a swarm across the street - even this lady (married) who lives behind him & her widow next door neighbor are in the mix today...😏

my spouse use and I were heading out even he stated "fresh catch" he has his buddies over & working in garage on bikes.

doesn't take much to humor me today!!!! We left about 11 just got home about 1:30 - still going strong!

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Oh boy....sunny beautiful here today!

Its like a swarm across the street - even this lady (married) who lives behind him & her widow next door neighbor are in the mix today...😏

my spouse use and I were heading out even he stated "fresh catch" he has his buddies over & working in garage on bikes.

doesn't take much to humor me today!!!! We left about 11 just got home about 1:30 - still going strong!

Oh boy - please keep us posted 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think the new pick-up place is Costco.  I have been approached there several times by "older" men.  

Respected Contributor

This is out of my wheelhouse (been married 25 years, still have teenagers), in your opinion, are these men/women looking for "companionship" or money? I find this topic interesting 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat

Well imo it's companionship because I know these women & I personally know their spouses left them pretty well off (I didn't see their bank accounts😉) would be surprised if they were after $$$.

i know a lady she is widowed (prior to retiring here) her "companion" she met on a cruise. She is 79 and he is 55 they both love cruising sometimes they go 2x's/month & I know for a fact he pays his own way.  He is retired from the military & a great fun guy! 

On the flip side, my spouse golf partner was married 2x's  said he'd never marry after his 2nd wife died...met a nice lady here & they just walked down the aisle a month ago!

Im sure it's not unusual. It's just funny to watch ...oh no, I hope I'm not becoming the "nosy" neighbor!!!

Respected Contributor

What a great thread! I have enjoyed reading all the posts. Smiley Happy 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@house_cat, I might be putting my neck on the chopping block-it could be financial.....but I honestly think it's for companionship. 

So many people can't bear to be alone....I get that, but it's sad what I was seeing....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

You need to behave yourself and forget the brownies.  If you have a good husband, stay home!  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength