Honored Contributor

HI Lola

take a look at Pinterest, I am not a teacher but there's tons of stuff coming across my feed on stuff like that

Honored Contributor

Classroom Organization and Supplies - Use an Old CD Binder to Store Die-Cut Letters

Honored Contributor

Teaching - Really Want a Forgetful Student to Remember Something?

Honored Contributor

Clean jars, glue on animals, spray paint lids-

Some spray paint, jars, hot glue and plastic toy animals...voila!  :)   I knew I was saving PB jars and McD toys for a reason.  Scissors, latch hooks and plastic canvas needles, colored pencils (we don't use them often) and a jar to catch all the odd stuff we 'might' use some day.:

Honored Contributor

Upcycled Awesome: Make an Earphone Holder from a Mint Container:

Honored Contributor

Repurposed knife block-

Such is This (and so on): A new use for an old knife block.  I was curious about how to repurpose a knife block since the thrift stores are loaded with them.  Here's one idea:

Respected Contributor

@KaliaMonet wrote:

I always like having students sit in circle so we're all facing each other. I find this eliminates the fear of talking and makes the classroom environment more friendly. 

This past summer, I took an educational psychology course so I can finish earning my teaching degree (I'm tired of being an accountant). My instructor also teaches creative writing. On Fridays, he had us sit in a circle and he would give the first sentence of a story (made up one), then he would toss a squishy ball to someone, and that person would add another line before tossing the ball to someone else, and so on. It was so much fun.  He recorded the story we all created together, type it up over the weekend, then he would give us a copy on Monday.

We used this as an exercise for team building, and seeing different points-of-view to help us see how different students think and develop ideas and it all comes together. This might be fun to do with middle and high school kids.

Way back when I was going to school, I wish the teachers had tried this! 

Honored Contributor

Excellent collection of methods to put the student at the center of the learning environment:

Honored Contributor

FREE labels for Close Reading Highlighters! - Such a motivating way for students to really express their thinking!:

Honored Contributor

Interactive Venn Diagrams: Keeps students engaged, allows for collaboration, and helps students build mental maps to better understand concepts. A great learning strategy for any content area or grade level!: