"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Re: THE SIDEWALK CAFE

[ Edited ]

NAES wrote:

butterfly123 wrote:

@Puddles @Sassy7356 @AnikaBrodie @Possummink @beastielove

Friends, 

Please look at Positive Thoughts for Saturday and Sunday and be careful what you post. 

When Bellabutterfly last posted, her only request was for her strand to continue. I hope we may keep her request by being mindful when posting. 

I am crying as I post this. This is very sad. 

Hopefully, with your help......we may continue on.

Bless you. 

Possummink wrote:

Butterfly,   Thank you for the head's up.   I wonder why they don't just remove the individual postings instead of the whole thread.   I know some of my posts there mention the Almighty, Afraid to put His name down now.   

I am so sick of political correctness making us not be able to use words and phrases we grew up with and that are time honored and respected.  Foul language gets by the censors here, good words not so much.  

I'll try to be more careful in what I choose to post.  Shame we can't bless people and wish them a happy day or week.  Cat Sad

Also, @dooBdoo,

Hello dear friend, haven't heard from you for over two weeks but wanted to ask do you know anymore than I about this: Positive Thoughts newest rules on what can or cannot be said?

*Religious postings or messaging?

NAES

@butterfly123, @lovestoteach, @mousiegirl, @Tissyanne, @beastielove,@Possummink, @snappyfrappy, @Puddles, @MsLomo    

-pass it on -no one seems to understand of the WHYS-??????????

I certainly don't view a blessing or having God in my life, sharing good will to others.

@butterfly123, @NAES1, @LTT1, @AnikaBrodie, @Puddles, @possummink, @beastielove, @Sassy7356, and others who post on the threads...

(((@butterfly123))), gentle hugs.   You (and everyone) do a magnificent job in posting positive thoughts each day.   Doing this for @Bellabutterfly is an especially loving act.

I can only describe my observations and also what a few moderators posted along the way.    (This isn't directed at any specific person or post, but I wanted to mention that it's probably unfair of us to blame the moderators -- they are tasked with following instructions and they don't set policies.)

Quotations from religious text, including the Bible, are usually removed -- that includes those in images and in posters' signature lines.     That's fairly easy to remember and avoid.   

Beyond that, I don't know how they decide if a post is "overly religious" so I think most of us try to lean toward more general "spiritual" positive comments, images, quotes.   

Regarding entire threads being removed, or several posts when some of them seemed to be within guidelines...  I can tell you what I've seen with all threads, and it's not specific to those that might be religious. 

If the original post in a thread is deemed a violation of standards by the moderators they remove the entire thread.   

Within an existing thread, If a reply is removed and other posters clicked the word "REPLY" on that particular comment, their posts will probably be removed too but the thread, itself, isn't deleted.  

(Explanation about the "reply" button:  When we post on a thread, there's a "REPLY" button at the top of the thread and OP's post.   There's also a "REPLY" for each comment.   We have a choice.   We can click/tap the one associated with the original post or the one displayed below a comment...   if we choose the latter, our comment becomes linked to the other comment instead of merely being linked to the original post.  

As a result, if a response is deleted, it's like a chain reaction...  all the posts that used the "reply" button on that particular response will often get deleted along with it.)

If I didn't explain that well, please give a shout-out and I'll try to be more clear.    I'm sort of upset right now...  I hate knowing sweet @butterfly123 was in tears or that any of you are sad.    This is a compassionate, generous, warmhearted community of kind souls, and I know we can work together to continue to be positive and supportive.   My love to all of you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
@beastielove
I hope your lovely Tabitha is with you for your birthday.❤
We watched "Nine Lives" a movie and truly enjoyed it! The sets looked like a Charles Wysocki painting... very bright and very kitty-worthy! A fun movie. (Kevin Spacey/Jennifer Garner)
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

National-Spanish-Paella-Day-March-27-1024x512.jpg

A rice dish from Spain, paella has become very popular and is known around the world.  It originated in its modern form in the mid-19th century in Valencia, on the east coast of Spain.  At lunchtime, workers in the fields would make the rice dish in a flat pan over a fire. They mixed in whatever they could find – such as rabbits, snails and vegetables. Later, for special occasions, chicken was added. Paella has spread to every region of Spain, as well as worldwide, using almost any type of ingredient that goes well with rice.  There are many versions of recipes of paella.  Key ingredients are saffron and olive oil. Saffron is an essential spice that also turns the rice a beautiful golden color.

National-Joe-Day-March-27-1024x512.jpg

Enjoy a cup of “joe” with all of your friends named Joe, Jo, Joette, Joey, Joseph, Josephine, Johanna, Joann, Jodie or any variant of the name Joe every year on March 27th, National Joe Day.  According to the Social Security Administration, the name Joseph was ranked No. 6 from 1893 to 1899 behind John, William, James, George, and Charles.  In 1910, it moved to No. 5.  From 1911 to 2005 it was ranked No. 12 or lower.

I fit right into Joe Day as my real name is Joan.  Coffee anyone?

@Sassy7356

Do you use your secret name instead? LOL 😊

I thought of a few names for your consideration?

Sunshine, Turquoise, Lovely, Angel, Diamond, Firecracker, Sparkles. What do you think?

Love and hugs!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Hello. Don't mean to butt in on your thread(sometimes check your posts @beastielove as I think I live in your area and support the same animal shelter.) Anyway, I saw something last night that I think got your positive threads deleted. A poster was complaining about a thread in Among Friends but was so cryptic that the mods got it wrong and deleted your threads. I believe the poster was complaint about Sunnys Friday threads.

Not sure if I am right, but I think so. I used to post on Gloria's thread at times and didn't like that she was told to stop. Oh well, just a heads up, don't know if I am right or not.

@proudlyfromNJ

Thank you! Please join us on the Positive Thoughts thread.

Gloria does post on Positive Thoughts once in awhile. She is missed greatly. 

The invitation is sent with hugs and blessings. ❤️

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Marianna Lokshina - Bouquet_LMN39392:

dooBdoo,   Thank you so much for the explanation about the post removal process and what might trigger it.  

I did not know about the two reply buttons.   I have never even noticed the one at the beginning of each new thread.     I'll have to be more attentive to what I post, where and when.   

I really am hoping that my Little Church Mouse posts are acceptable.  I love reading her sayings and sharing them.   Almost afraid to use the word church.   I guess it's the time we live in. 

Thank you again and have a lovely rest of your Monday and week.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Sassy7356 wrote:

National-Spanish-Paella-Day-March-27-1024x512.jpg

A rice dish from Spain, paella has become very popular and is known around the world.  It originated in its modern form in the mid-19th century in Valencia, on the east coast of Spain.  At lunchtime, workers in the fields would make the rice dish in a flat pan over a fire. They mixed in whatever they could find – such as rabbits, snails and vegetables. Later, for special occasions, chicken was added. Paella has spread to every region of Spain, as well as worldwide, using almost any type of ingredient that goes well with rice.  There are many versions of recipes of paella.  Key ingredients are saffron and olive oil. Saffron is an essential spice that also turns the rice a beautiful golden color.

National-Joe-Day-March-27-1024x512.jpg

Enjoy a cup of “joe” with all of your friends named Joe, Jo, Joette, Joey, Joseph, Josephine, Johanna, Joann, Jodie or any variant of the name Joe every year on March 27th, National Joe Day.  According to the Social Security Administration, the name Joseph was ranked No. 6 from 1893 to 1899 behind John, William, James, George, and Charles.  In 1910, it moved to No. 5.  From 1911 to 2005 it was ranked No. 12 or lower.

I fit right into Joe Day as my real name is Joan.  Coffee anyone?

@Sassy7356

Do you use your secret name instead? LOL 😊

I thought of a few names for your consideration?

Sunshine, Turquoise, Lovely, Angel, Diamond, Firecracker, Sparkles. What do you think?

Love and hugs!

@butterfly123

Hahaha..

Because of when my birthday falls I still get the comment "You were almost born a firecracker".

You, without a doubt, would be Angel.  When I think of angels I think of two people.  You are one of them and @beastielove is the other.