Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Sassy7356

I'm doin good. Sinus infection and allergies are bothering me. Otherwise, doing well. 

I was telling (not asking or discussing) my husband that I would like a cat and dog. Buddy type pets from a shelter. 

Unfortunately, since we rent instead of own, that is not possible at this time. 

Nothing will stop me from praying for this dream to become a reality.

The girls are having a wonderful day with the treats? Now, if only tonight was pizza for dinner!

How are you doin? 

Are you and J feeling comfortable with your mom's medical issues, and what the doctor discussed?

@butterfly123

butterflies and daisies.gif

Sinus infections can cause as much,if not more, discomfort than colds.  Take good care of yourself.

Do you have an animal shelter near you that you could volunteer at?  Or, would your allergies go crazy around that many cats and dogs at one time?  There are many furbabies that need cuddling and walking.  Maybe that would help until the day comes that you have your own.  I will pray not only for your health but also that someday you will have your own furbaby.  

Jason's allergies seem at an all time high almost all the time.  But the puppies don't bother him at all.  Step inside an animal shelter and he suffers for days with the watery eyes and sneezing, etc. He has daily meds he takes for his.

The last special treat the puppies received was dinner - pizza.  They sat patiently waiting for their bite of the crust. Both know when it is being prepped for the oven and when the timer goes off the whining begins.  lol

My Mom needs an aortic valve replacement.  Before going to the doctor she was against any procedure at all.  After talking with her doctor she now is a yes but he has given her one month to think about it to be sure.  If she waits much longer than a month her heart will start to shut down. We will be taking her to that appointment and she then will  have to schedule one with a surgeon.  Her bone density has gotten much worse so he is treating her with a very high dose of calcium and Vitamin D for the next month.  Then she will have a calcium shot that will last for a year.  Hmmm....there were three things he talked to her about and now I can't remember the third.  

Me?  I am doin' about the same everyday - some days are worse than others but I have accepted this is now the new me.  My pain level remains about an 8 out of 10 each day.  There are very few days that I think it is less.  I do a lot of moaning and groaning when I move around but I call it my way of singing.  DH sings karaoke, I sing the ever popular tune Moans and Groans.

I hope you have a fantabulous Friday and weekend.  Any special plans?

@Sassy7356

Animal shelter volunteer...yes😊

Puppies had pizza...Happy puppy day yummies. The girls weren't whining, they were singing the happy song. I imagine there was dancing (begging) involved. You're a spectacular mom❤❤❤❤️❤️

I'm happy that your mom has said yes to the procedure. She is already being prayed for and has you and J to love her through the details. 

I wish they they would figure out a way to help control your pain. Have the doctors ever consulted with other major medical facilities? 

Plans for the weekend. The usual. DH goes into work later on Fridays. Less people work on Friday.

Saturday, we do bedding, grocery shopping, DH helps with cleaning. 

Sunday, Husband's longest day of work. This is the beginning of their week as opposed to Monday. 

Any plans for your weekend?

@butterfly123

Yes, they had some of their favorite yummies on Puppy Day.  Sassy is our dancer and singer.  Gracie just stays in the beg form and doesn't make a peep.  Her job is to alert you to when it is time for breakfast and dinner.

Right now I am being treated by the U of MN.  Back when this all started my records were sent to Mayo Clinic and their response was I receiving good care from U of MN.  They would not see me.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend.  It's great that DH helps with the cleaning.  I always feel bad for Jason as he is stuck with the cleaning and the yardwork. He doesn't do cleaning weekly like I use to but he does a good job when he decides it is .time.  The daily vacuuming is taken care of by roomba.

It is a very gray day here with rain expected sometime.  Jason had hoped to do some yardwork today and try out the water pressure machine he got from QVC.  Grocery shopping is on the list, along with a trip to Costco.  Maybe we will stop at a Redbox and check out the movies.  I haven't seen one in a long, long time.  That's about it.

I hope you have a pleasant, enjoyable, wonderful weekend.

Take care of that sinus infection.  

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

IMG_4367.GIF

@butterfly123  I can't stop laughing over this one.

Honored Contributor

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: dog

@possummink How did you know???

Lewis is wearing the cone of shame now!!!

@AnikaBrodie just asked if Lewis has freedom now and unfortunately things have gotten worse.

The vet removed the cast and ripped off the tape that stuck to his leg.  Took the hair off and Lewis yelped a few times.  Lewis will not stop licking his wounds from the bandage so back to the vet.

The vet shaved his leg and it looks like a raw chicken leg with sore spots so he now has to wear this huge e-collar.  He hates it.

The vet gave him a steroid shot and some spray for the wounds.

@lulutoby

I'm sorry to hear about Lewis' latest setback.  They hate to wear those cones.  I remember how sad Anika looked when she had to wear one after her ACL surgery.  Did the vet give you any idea how long this would be needed?  I hope everything heals quickly and well and you will be able to remove it soon.  (((Hugs))) for Lewis.

I hate this thing! 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

National-Lobster-Newburg-Day-March-25-1-1024x512.jpg

Lobster Newburg is an American seafood dish made with lobster, butter, cream, cognac, sherry, eggs and cayenne pepper.  It is an elegant and classic dish enjoyed by many since the late 1800s. 

Debuting in 1876 at Delmonico’s, a fine New York restaurant, this dish was invented by sea captain Ben Wenburg.  He demonstrated the recipe to restaurant manager Charles Delmonico and refinements were made by chef Charles Ranhofer. The creation was then added to the restaurant’s menu as Lobster a la Wenburg.  The dish grew fast in popularity.

There was an argument between Wenburg and manager Charles Delmonica which caused the dish to be removed from the menu, but after many requests from patrons, it returned with a new name. The entree came to be known as Lobster Newburg.

National-Medal-of-Honor-Day-March-25-1024x512.jpg

National Medal of Honor Day on March 25 is dedicated to all Medal of Honor recipients.

It was on March 25, 1863, when the first Medals of Honor were presented.  Secretary of War, Edwin Stanton presented Medals of Honor (Army) to six members of  “Andrews Raiders” for their volunteering and participation during an American Civil War raid in April of 1862.

Created in 1861, the Medal of Honor is the United States of America’s highest military honor.  It is awarded only to US military personnel, by the President of the United States in the name of Congress, for personal acts of valor above and beyond the call of duty.

There are three versions of the Medal of Honor; one for the Army, one for the Navy and one for the Air Force, with personnel of the Marine Corps and the Coast Guard receiving the Navy version.

Since its creation, there have been 3,468 Medals of Honor awarded to the country’s soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and coast guardsmen.

Tolkien-Reading-Day-March-25-1024x512.jpg

Celebrated around the world on March 25, Tolkien Reading Day is a favorite of among fans of the renowned author. 

J.R.R. Tolkien (Jan. 3, 1892 – Sept. 2, 1973) was an English writer, poet, philologist and university professor.  He was best known as the author of the classic works The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarrillion as well as Roverandom and Farmer Giles of Ham.

Honored Contributor

16939575_1259448507425984_1549894378271948102_n.png

Honored Contributor

17191291_773981706086944_6701962980226146282_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

17022513_1267753993262102_1692062543110974118_n.png

Honored Contributor

mermaid car.jpg

A mermaid car for @Puddles when she returns to Texas.

Honored Contributor

12553055_780068335433247_3341439784887283760_n.png