Honored Contributor

Re: THE SIDEWALK CAFE IS OPEN FOR THE FESTIVE SEASON

photo 144647001275889 58_zpsq9gm2urb.jpg

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

photo 6c1037fc-84a8-4804-828b-f3c62d2fcf55_zpssezcqv8o.jpg

I have a friend like this that has so many cats and needs a special permit to have more than 5 cats. She proudly shares pictures on her cats on cell phone. Bless her heart.

Lucky cats.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@butterfly123 Flying through a rainbow.

@lulutoby

Awesome and beautiful 🌹

Honored Contributor

goodnight000252vipics.jpg

Great to see your post @beastielove, @NAES1 and @aqua3, please come by more often.

It's been super nice and warm out in the 60's.  I raked the pine needles up in the back yard, ran errands, glued down outdoor carpet on the new dog ramp to name a few activities for today.

Last night made BBQ ribs for BF and son.  We watched Animal Planet and had a nice time.

I've been getting together with my friends to catch up and have been having a good time.  Last week went with with my garden friends to dinner & visited the progress on the Garden Center getting ready for Spring.

Went to dinner with my Doctor friends and Home Depot friends for dinner last week.  We had a great time.

Just missing getting together with my Sister.  She is on a knee scooter after her 3rd foot surgery.  She lives about 1 hour away from me so I will have to make time to go out to visit.  I call her DH Saint Jerry because he puts up with her...in a good way.  She really is a riot. and you never know what she will say or do next.  Smiley LOL

Last week I had Lobster tail for lunch and brought some leftovers home.  The chef said he made 135 lobster tails and beef tenderloin for the Valentine's Dinner meal at the Retirement Community.

I asked if there was any leftovers and lobster would be the last meal I would request.  He made me and my Coworker a special plate.  She had never tasted Lobster in her life!

He made the most delicious Lobster Bisque for lunch the next day.

Wishing ((Everyone)) on the Sidewalk Cafe a happy and healthy Sunday evening.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@possummink wrote:

Related image

Strawberry Onions growing near strawberries.  Heart

@possummink   I have never heard of Strawberry Onions.

A
Strawberry Onion is a Savannah Hybrid Sweet Onion which is grown on the perimeter of the strawberry fields. Sadly, they do not taste like strawberries, but they are sweet. Strawberry Onions are available from February to April.   

Mousie,   The strawberry farmers down here plant the onions, very much like Vidalias,  at the ends of the rows of strawberry plants.  They are harvested along with the strawberries and are very very sweet.  I like to buy the bigger ones as most of the time they are sold by the onion, not the pound.  I use the big thick green tops for salads, soups or any way that you'd use a regular onion.   The dirt is sandy, so you have to wash them off good.   I don't know of any other area that raises them as Strawberry Onions or that markets them.   I have shipped them home and have also had them in my luggage if they're still in season when I fly home in the Spring. 

Image result for strawberry onions

Related image

I forgot to add that the farmers started planting them at then ends of the rows of strawberries, but since the demand for the onions has grown so much,  they plant rows  and rows of them along side the strawberry plants.    There are over 11,000 acres of strawberry plants in this area, not sure how many strawberry onions there are.   Many of the big strawberry farms don't grow the onions.   I get mine from a roadside stand that is only open during the strawberry season, December till April, depending on the weather and the berry harvest.   

Blueberries are making inroads in this area too.  Love that!! 

Honored Contributor

Puddles wrote:

Image may contain: cat

Wishing all of my wonderful SC sisters

a pleasant night and a sleep that's

as peaceful as this adorable kitteh's is!!

(((((HeartCHILL-LAXED KITTEH HUGSHeart)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@possummink wrote:

Related image

Strawberry Onions growing near strawberries.  Heart

@possummink   I have never heard of Strawberry Onions.

A
Strawberry Onion is a Savannah Hybrid Sweet Onion which is grown on the perimeter of the strawberry fields. Sadly, they do not taste like strawberries, but they are sweet. Strawberry Onions are available from February to April.   

Mousie,   The strawberry farmers down here plant the onions, very much like Vidalias,  at the ends of the rows of strawberry plants.  They are harvested along with the strawberries and are very very sweet.  I like to buy the bigger ones as most of the time they are sold by the onion, not the pound.  I use the big thick green tops for salads, soups or any way that you'd use a regular onion.   The dirt is sandy, so you have to wash them off good.   I don't know of any other area that raises them as Strawberry Onions or that markets them.   I have shipped them home and have also had them in my luggage if they're still in season when I fly home in the Spring. 

Image result for strawberry onions

Related image

I forgot to add that the farmers started planting them at then ends of the rows of strawberries, but since the demand for the onions has grown so much,  they plant rows  and rows of them along side the strawberry plants.    There are over 11,000 acres of strawberry plants in this area, not sure how many strawberry onions there are.   Many of the big strawberry farms don't grow the onions.   I get mine from a roadside stand that is only open during the strawberry season, December till April, depending on the weather and the berry harvest.   

Blueberries are making inroads in this area too.  Love that!! 

@possummink  Thank you for a most informative post, as usual. Smiley Happy  They look and sound wonderful. Smiley Happy  They look like large Spring onions, here, which I used to put in a jar with a vinaigrette and let sit for hours until the bulbs had soaked up the marinade as much as they could, then dip them in the leftover marinade after each bite, taught to my by my school friend's family, Italian.  I havn't eaten them this way for eons.  Sweet onions here are expensive, not always that sweet, but when they are, wonderful. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

scarlettjane22: Found on markjbarrett.com:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the miles r pretty: