Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of hot flashes....

I was thru with "it" at 38...........never had a hot flash, or any other strange phenomena.......      I actually like hot weather.......except for the monotony of it during the height of summer in PHX....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@chrystaltree - yep, both ovaries intact. That's why it was a "partial." Oh well, it'll pass at some point. Giving thanks for fans -- especially those portable, battery-operated ones! And A/C in the car -- I live in TX and don't need more heat indoors or outside.

In that case you will go through menopause like any other women.  The good part is you won't have any period issues with it because you don't have your uterus.  So, the medical professional in me is coming out now...lol   There is no such thing as a partial hysterectomy, that is not a medical term.  You had a hysterectomy.  They left your ovaries intact. If they had taken your uterus and your ovaries; it would have been a hysterectomy and oophorectomy.   Just the ovaries and not the uterus would be an oophorectomy. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't had one hit flash.  Last year, at 53 I had a hysterectomy and oophorectomy after being diagnosed with uterine cancer.  My mother didn't have any hot flashes.

Typo=hot not hit flash!!

Respected Contributor

I didn't have hot flashes or night sweats and am very thankful for it, and have never taken any hormones either.  Smiley Tongue 

Respected Contributor

Went through menopause at 44 never had one hot flash.

Trusted Contributor

I had very few hot flashes during peri-menopause.  What I suffered with were cold flashes.  I'm talking bone numbing coldness that would last for hours.  Even the air exhaling from my nostrils felt cold.

The really bad hot flashes didn't hit until post-menopause.  I got clobbered and every one would be accompanied by an anxiety attack.  It's been a few years and now, they've become milder, and I may go a day or two without one.  But, just like clockwork, I still get the cold flashes every evening.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

Like living in a sauna for about 5/6 mos., I lived in Mesa for 2 hrs. and loved it...then moved to Grand Canyon for two year, small tourist town, but the GC was literally in my backyard, also summer & fall had some of the best weather I ever experienced.  Loved AZ, maybe will go back someday...

Respected Contributor

I am in the midst of menopause, no hot flashes yet! 

I'm cold 99% of the time Smiley Wink 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Okay, we weren't.   Who else is over 55 but not bothered at all by hot flashes and doesn't feel "hot" all the time?   You know how it is.  Whenever you happen to be with a group of women over 50something, that's all you hear.  Lame jokes about hot flashes and women begging for fans...lol  Even at work there is that constant battle between the "hotties" and everyone else.    I know that many women going through menopause have the problem, some pretty bad.  But 15, 20, 35 years later....?????   I went through surgical menopause at 38 and my hot flashes were bad for about 3 months and tapered off and disappeared after a year or so.  My mother swore she went through menopause never had a single hot flash.  I'm not asking for "mine were so bad" experiences.  I want to hear from women who have some  "it was nothing at all" type of experiences.  If there are any. 

Well, congratulations on not having to deal with them.  Yes, some women however DO deal with them and unfortunately for some of us, they don't stop even after entering menopause.  Yeah, I know, you don't want to hear it.

Honored Contributor

I took Premarin for 15 years; quit the day they announced it could contribute to causing cancer.  I've never had a hot flash.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment