Respected Contributor

Re: Soft Surroundings Catalog

Does anyone know, if you call a store to place an order that you don't have to pay the shipping? 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have purchased from the catalog and from their store.  Soft Surroundings is a little pricey but it's my style.  It's the way I dress.   I'm happy with the quality and the styles.

Honored Contributor

there is one in a mall near me, very nicely designed.

I like that they have all sizes there petites to larger sizes so they don't give you the "you can order online" nonsense.  If I am in the store I want to try it on there.

For me some of the things are a bit too "eileen fisher  meaning boxy and big"  but nice fabrics and the end of season sales were good.

also a nice mix of merchandise, some makeup, perfume and home stuff

Occasional Contributor

One of my favorite stores. Their quality is excellent. I have two stores near me and you can find better sales if you can go in. I have clothes from there that is five years old and still excellent condition which is more than I can say for LOGO. 

Respected Contributor

I get the catalog but have never ordered. They are a bit pricey for me. I don't work and I enjoy the thrill of the hunt in finding great things at bargain prices. Other than that, I would have ordered. 

Regular Contributor

I love their catalogs, but when I started going in the stores, I liked the merchandise less.  Th clothes for me run huge, and fabrics are sometimes more weighty than I want since I live in Tx.  But, their stuff is  very popular, just not for me.  Jewelry is way overpriced.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I get the catalog and drool over the items then I head on over to ebay and find them (usually) at a huge discount.

Honored Contributor

I've seen several things I liked and a top and skirt that I had to have.  Unfortunately, the top and skirt had horrible reviews, but apparently all of the other items are fantastic according to the reviews.

Respected Contributor

I found sometimes their items look better in the catalog than they do in real life.  They also keep some items for years at full price.  Shipping is high.

There is one at a mall not far from here so I now shop only the B&M store.