Respected Contributor

I received a catalog from Soft Surroundings, I've never heard of them but there are some cute outfits on their website. Has anyone here ordered from them? Were you happy with your purchases?

Thanks for any feedback.

Honored Contributor

Re: Soft Surroundings Catalog

@deeva

I shop the catalog and now their store quite often.  For the most part I've been pleased with my items. 

Keep in mind their shipping is HIGH.

Respected Contributor

I love their catalog. 

I shop at their store too.  It's a little bit of a ride, but they're in a beautiful outdoor mall and we make the day of it.

Their shipping is very high. 

Honored Contributor

Echoing that their shipping costs are high.  I was pleased that there's a store in a nearby mall now.  

Occasional Contributor

I love their clothes and have quite a number of diffent pieces - tanks, jackets, sweaters, pants, scarves/wraps, the works.  I love that they offer tall pants, skirts, and dresses. So nice. I think that, overall, their clothes are well made. In store, they have a lot better sales than online. Just went to a store on Saturday and found some great summer bargains as well as a few early Fall items. I find that most items can be machine washed or hand washed, and the colors seem to not fade nor do seam come apart even in the machine. I don't think that I've ever been sorry for any purchases from them.

Honored Contributor

I've only ordered a few times, but I do get coupons for 20.00 off from time to time. I've been pleased with the quality of their merchandise.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your comments.  I went to their website.  I love their plus size selections with variety and more choice of fabrics.   Regular price may be higher but I signed up for emails and coupons.  I would rather buy 1 item at higher cost and shipping than 2 cheaper items that are not up to description promised.  Return shipping here has gotten out of hand and I end up disappointed, frustrated and no garment.  I am willing to give them a try.  Competition is getting greater on line.  We now have more choices at stores far from our home.  My closet does not need more of the same thing in a different color.

Occasional Contributor

I receive the catalog. I have ordered a few tops from them. The clothes are a little pricey and I never seem to get a break on the high shipping!!

The tops fit well albeit the higher prices.

Honored Contributor

They do send coupons but there's always a catch.  In order to use them from their regular website you usually need to spend $75.  The fact that it costs $12.99 to ship one sweater (then each subsequent item has separate shipping) pretty much makes the coupon insignificant.  Many of their coupons are only for their outlet website.

A few years ago I stopped shopping with them.  I received a phone call inquiring why.  I pointed out that Chico's had a loyalty program that always gave me free shipping and there were frequently 50% off codes.   I suggested SS should have a similar program.  She agreed with me but said corporate was against the idea. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. I feel better now about ordering from them.