Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and a Happy March Weekend to All 3/17/17

Happy weekend to us all, enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom Y'All ( as we say here in the South!)

Hugs to Sisters,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac. Translation?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Shabbat Shalom

@Shanus wrote:

@Mz iMac. Translation?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac. Thank you. Don't read Hebrew and didn't want to assume, but had a suspicion it was wishing us all a good Shabbos. Back atcha!

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely ladies.  Wishing all those that celebrate the wearing of the green a very happy St. Patrick's Day.

This thread always makes me smile. 

Honored Contributor

I embrace and echo all the good wishes here!     May blessings fall like blossoms all around you (Rumi).    Have a safe, peaceful weekend, everyone, and please remember to hold close those you cherish and be good to yourself, too.❤️   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all   Hi, Smiley Happy

The shepard's pie I make is a combo of a few recipes.....I took a little of one, something of another.....you get the picture.  This one is a pretty good one to start and add or delete to your own likes.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_shepherds_pie/

I use frozen peas and carrots.  I use about 1 tablespoon of ketchup in the mixture.  I add Irish cheddar to my potatoes.  I have also used a bit of flour to thicken the gravy. 

This soda bread recipe is similar to this one.  I don't know how to scan my own and post here. I'm sorry. One of these days I'll make it into this century. lol  This one is very similar to the one I make. 

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/irish_soda_bread/

This is the recipe, I use,  for the homemade Bailey's......you'll have to play around with it to suit your own taste.

Combine together in a blender. Blend until thoroughly mixed.

1/2 teaspoon instant coffee

2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla

14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk

8 oz heavy cream

8 oz whiskey

I hope you can follow my ramblings. lol  If not, don't hesitate to ask me a question. I'll do my best to be more specific. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Not a drop of Irish in me.....I'm Irish through marriage. lol  

I hope everyone has a great weekend, whatever your plans.  I hope the weather cooperates.  I heard my area is going to get another 3 inches of snow on Saturday into Sunday. 

My thoughts are with all those in need of a good thought or prayer.  I hope the future is brighter for you.

I spent the morning baking 6 loaves of Irish Soda Bread.   Can you smell them? lol

Today, I am leaving you beef shepard's pie and Irish Soda Bread.  To wash it all down, some Guinness.  How about some Bailey's for dessert?

irish-soda-bread-with-raisins.jpg

Slainte!

Donna, oh man does everything look good!! I could eat that whole loaf of bread if I allowed myself! Thank you for sharing. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus where are you, girlfriend?????

I hope all is well.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett