Regular Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy October Weekend to All

That should have been "Lechat".  Miserable ios9 keeps mangling words.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

Good morning Sunny!! Just stopping by to say hello and wishing you a wonderful weekend. Grandpa Pete's is still feeling the yuckyness of his treatments, but he is such a trooper. I am so blessed to have him in my life. He's a true inspiration. I know he will recover eventually and be back to his old self soon. Sending hugs to you and best wishes for a blessed October. Thank you for your kind words to everyone Sunny, I know you truly make a difference in many people's day....especially mine!! Take care friend!!

grandma petes, thank you for dropping by and letting us know about Grandpa Petes. Bless his heart, and may he soon be well. 

I'm so glad to hear that this thread makes a difference in your day. That means so much to me, and let me tell you, it brings joy to my heart to read all the beautiful replies. 

We are all here to help each other, whether it's to make it through a day, or even a minute of the day. I believe that's why we find each other. I'm so glad I found you and all the lovely ladies who post here. I love you all!

Have a beautiful day Heart Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all -   we may get a little spritz of rain here in sunny California on Sunday a.m. for which we would be most grateful if so.  after such a week of ups and downs, i count my blessings and look forward to the peace and re-centering of Shabbat.  

Trusted Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Simcha Torah

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and happy weekend to all. I hope Joaquin does not do damage if he visits this weekend.  

henny and Sunny, Heart

Ellen, you are missed.  Heart

It's been a busy week in Jersey.  I am just grateful to make it to the weekend with my sanity.   I have so many wonderful friends who make this journey easier, and I'm grateful.

My heart hurts for Oregon.

The first week in October is National Chili Week. I am leaving assorted chili dishes to enjoy.  Some are healthy, others...........not so much. lol   There are warm cornbread muffins to enjoy with the various chili dishes.  Various toppings are also available. Help yourself.

Mangia!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

OOOO!  I love and adore chili!

I make a fairly good regular american chili, and also make chili verde using my ex-mother in law's recipe.

If you ever get the time I would love to see one of your recipes!---

I am thoroughly enjoying your different samples.

xoxo, henny

Esteemed Contributor

Henny, enjoy your avocado festival. That sounds like fun, but then again, everything you do always sounds like fun!

Donna you always make our virtual food sound so glorious. The way you describe all the foods, desserts, toppings and accompaniments makes me want to gobble everything down. 

Maybe we should start sharing our recipes. I think it would be fun.  I know I'm always looking for different foods to make. Now that I have to watch my sugar intake, I'll be looking for those "sugar-free" varieties you always describe. 

I don't love cooking but I love eating, so something's gotta give!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

After struggling to sign in, I finally made it.  Good Shabbos and hope you have a beautiful fall weekend.

Honored Contributor

Echoing your beautiful sentiments, @sunala.   Wishing a happy, safe weekend to all who read and post here!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova