Regular Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Purim, and a Happy Weekend to All 3/10

[ Edited ]

Henny, the lizards have venom, which kills their prey. I read that humans are only slightly effected, but if you don't bother them, they will leave you alone. I am not planning to check on this.

Trusted Contributor

Blessings to all and a happy and safe weekrnd.

Jamma

Respected Contributor

lechathouse, Ahhhh, that was it!

My sister traveled to India every year and stopped in Thailand for several days each time. She sent a pic of the lizards lounging around the swimming pool at her hotel. Not my cup of tea.

I am looking forward though, to hearing about the monkeys etc. ----lol!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon,

I had to pop in here quickly before the rest of the day got away from me.  Hope you all are having  a good weekend and remembered to set your clock ahead.

If you are in the path of the Nor'easter on Tuesday, be safe and warm.  My area of Jersey is supposed to get 12-18 inches of snow, as of this morning.

I hope everyone has a good week. Smiley Happy

For all those struggling with challenges, know you are not alone and there are many sending good thoughts and prayers.

March 14 is National Potato Chip Day.  Everyone who knows me knows........I LOVE potato chips.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!   So, I am sharing my own personal  stash  of potato chips. lol     Enjoy!   

Did I mention I LOVE potato chips??  Smiley Wink lol Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

I'm late again, but Happy Purim to all of you!!  We ordered from the synagogue...

17COOKING-HAMANTASCHEN1-superJumbo.jpg

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@kutira wrote:

I'm late again, but Happy Purim to all of you!!  We ordered from the synagogue...

17COOKING-HAMANTASCHEN1-superJumbo.jpg

@kutira  Thank you for these delicious poppy seed hamentashen. They look absolutely perfect! I want one now; okay I want two now Woman LOL

@dmod njHappy to see you! Thanks for sharing your potato chips with us. I love them but they don't love me back; that's why I never ever buy them.

We went to our Kosher deli tonight and I had a bowl of mushroom barley soup and a half of a brisket sandwich on rye with gravy. Sooooooooooo good! I saw hamentashen there, along with seven layer cake and all kinds of cookies, but I just walked on by. Desserts in Kosher restaurants are never great because they can't use butter, but they will definitely do in a pinch. Happy Purim to all!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

@sunala hi sunny; I missed last week and doubt I'll be on here tomorrow, so just wanted to wish you all a great weekend....

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom Y'All! And a happy day for all here!

I just read that an arrest has been made concerning threats made to our institutions here! The hate issues are far from resolved: there will probably be hatred by one group for another until....but I hope we can all enjoy a little sense of relief this weekend knowing it's a little safer to go to our gathering places.

No matter how we celebrate Shabbat, may everyone have joy and peace!

Shalom in your home,

Hugs

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Hi all and I know this thread is 2 weeks old.

Well things here went from Great to Yuck in the blink of an eye.

One week after his hip surgery my hubby turned his foot out and somehow fractured his Greater Trochanter (part of the hip), the fracture was so loud we both heard it and he was in immense pain, so we spent the day before the "storm" at a local ER with no real resolution and then a Full day at the Hospital in the city.HSS does not have an ER otherwise we would of taken the hour trip there.

No surgery needed but an additional 4 weeks or rest and PT.

Overall he is doing well but he pushes himself to much.

Sleep which is never great for me ha  become a nightmare, he tosses and turns and wakes each time he moves.

So Shabbot Shalom and please send healing prayers

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox, if we don't go to services, I always take time on Shabbat to "lightest candles"-be they physical, or in my heart....I always sing the Mi sheh-my Kindle is not cooperating with transliteration this morning!

What I was trying to say is that I sing the prayer for those who need healing of soul and body. I will keep you and your DH in my prayers!

Hugs and Shalom,

Poodlepet2