Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Purim, and a Happy Weekend to All 3/10

Shabbat Shalom to all my "sisters" and Happy Purim.

I made hummentashen, but cheated w/ refrigerated sugar cookie dough and toddler prunes and toddler apricots. Came out delicious & close enough for us. Left out 4 & froze the rest (very quickly) so wouldn't eat them. 

Please check out Passover Recipes on Recipe Forum and feel free to add family favorites. We will be checking there.

Thanks to Sunny for many laughs all week, but on Shabbos, my weekly dose of prayers.

😘

Shanus

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos all

Hubby is doing well, its been a long few days but all is really good 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.  I do buy from Or Paz because they are Jewish and I have planted olive trees in Israel and each tree I have had planted a family can earn income for seven years.  I go through my Rabbi to buy these trees and I also support financially the military in Israel.............and if we can say I LOVE BIBI.............he and his wife just celebrated their wedding anniversary............go online and google him and type in picture of BIBI when he was young, my my he was a hottie and I love him and he knows it.............My Rabbi is friends with him so when I hug my Rabbi I am hugging BIBI.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox.  So glad your husband is doing well. I'm sure you're more than relieved. Next up? Lots of rest for both.

Good Shabbos!!!

😘

Shanus

Trusted Contributor

I have a wonderful cookbook but some of the recipes are so hard for me to make but I always attend the Jewish Food Festival in my area and of course love love love the food but with my burning mouth I am limited but at the festival I still eat and just take a pain pill. 

Respected Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

If I don't post this evening Chalomot Paz to all. 

I had to look that up....chalomot paz means golden dreams....chalom means dreams, and paz means gold.... Like sweet dreams

Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@Burr53 wrote:

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Purim Sunny!

I love and appreciate your writing so much. There is so little Judiasm at QVC. I have sent multiple emails to QVC about it but never received the courtesy of a reply. And so many of the venders are Jewish!!

The second Yehrzeit for my Dad is approaching and I'm in a very bad way. I've actually been in a very bad way since losing my very beloved Dad. But I appreciate your prayers so much.

Many blessings to you Sunny.

Sheryl

@Burr53 please accept my condolences for your beloved father, may his memory be a blessing. Many of us understand the pain of losing a parent or a loved one. It never really does go away, but we learn somehow to live with the loss. Some people find it helps to talk about their loved one. Feel free to do so if it will bring you comfort. 

I'm so glad you found our weekly thread. Please come back again whenever you feel the need. I start a new thread every Friday, but you can post anytime, as many of us are always looking to see if anyone else has posted. 

My best to you xox

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I have such wonderful Purim memories. Sunny, were you ever Esther?  Maybe in the next life I will be.

My father never allowed me to be the Queen. He said it would give the impression of favoritism if the Rabbi's daughter were to be chosen. 

Wonder how many carbs in hammentashon (sp, doesn't look right). maybe I could have one and give the rest away.

oxox, good to hear that mr ox is doing well. It will take a bit before he is healed.

Been working in the garden. Trying to coax things back to life after the rain. So many years of drought have taken a toll.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Keep up the good thoughts.

henny

Honored Contributor

I need to get some Hamentashen over the weekend

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Purim to all you lovely ladies who post here.  May your weekend be filled with sunshine, good food, friends and family.