Esteemed Contributor

SO SICK OF TELEMARKETING CALLS

[ Edited ]

I have put my number on a do not call list.  I have ignored the phone when I don't know who it is, and they call every hr.  I am about to lose my mind!   Anyone else having this problem?

Valued Contributor

Re: SO SICK OF TELEMARKETING CALLS

@BalletBabe, if you are on the National Do Not Call Registry, you may wish to file a complaint.

https://donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Valued Contributor

Hello BalletBabe,

I have a terrible time with telemarketer calls. It starts at 9:00am and goes until 9:00pm. Sometimes I get 6 in a row, one right after the other. It is driving me crazy. I have my number on the Do Not Call list as well, and I swear that seems like it was fertilizer for these calls, the darn things started coming in faster and more frequently.

I have even turned the ringer off on my phones for the afternoon it was so bad yesterday.

I am now considering getting rid of my landline and switching to another cell phone with a new number.

So darn aggravating.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Trusted Contributor

Both my house and cell phone are on the no call list and I renew it every two years to be safe.  I do get the calls on my house phone any way.  If I am sitting at my desk I will answer it.  If a recording I hang up after giving time for it to register.  If I have to go to answer I ignore the house phone.  Family, friends and medical people only have my cell number and I keep it that way.  This has helped eliminate my endless runs to answer a call that I am not interested in.   If I talk to a real person I tell them I am on the no call list and I do not donate to anyone by phone, please remove me from your list, thank you very much and I hang up.  I do not allow discussion.  

Valued Contributor

@GATORGIRL  I wish complaining would help, but these calls are coming from "spoofed" numbers and also that Voice Over Internet Protocol" or whatever that VOIP thingie is.  Would you believe sometimes my own phone is supposedly calling me?  That one freaked me out until I realized they have managed to spoof my number.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Esteemed Contributor

@GATORGIRL  and @CatLoverDogsToo   I did report it.  That didn't help at all.  According to the cable comapny, these calls are coming from over seas.  One thing that is at fault is that my hubby was ordering his breathing meds from over seas.  I told him not t give our number out, but he just did what he wanted.  So he passed and they keep calling here and asking for him.  I told them at least 10 times he passed.  DO NOT CALL HERE AGAIN.. I have had my number for 13 years and it is a pain to change it.  BUT is that going to solve my problem? 

Esteemed Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo  Yes I have been calling myself as well.  LOL  So frustrating that we have to be bugged llike this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gram W   I found if I ignore them , they keep calling every hr.  This seems to have gotten worse since my hubby passed in March.   So did someone pass my number out? 

Super Contributor

The DNC list is a joke.  Between telemarketers, charities, spammers, and political phone calls it was never ending hearing the phone ring.  

I gave up my house line 10 days ago.  Bliss!

Esteemed Contributor

@donovan   That is what my son suggested.  I do not like talking on my cell.  It is okay when out but, I hate it most of the time.  I am either getting dropped calls or I cannot hear hem well, etc.