Respected Contributor

Re: References for Part-time Job?

@Nicknack wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

*** UPDATE *** - Interview was today.

To my horror, I had to sign a release form authorizing my former employers to release ... whatever.

Sigh ...

I just don't care anymore.

Woman Frustrated

That doesn't sound like a place I'd want to work.  I don't think it's right that they asked you to sign something like that.

I had to give them 3 references.  The first 2 will be fine.  It's only the witch from #^LL that might create a problem for me.  Since the other 2 references are not related to the job I was applying for, they might make the extra effort to contact the witch.  The sad thing is, for years, I loved my job and did it very well.  Then, SHE came onboard and ruined my FUN.  Her jealousy and controlling nature were stifling.  Every week, she'd remind me, "I'm your supervisor".  One day, I almost said to her, "you are not my supervisor;  God is my supervisor!"  I wish I had.  LOL!

I got NO sleep last nite, reliving the nightmare.

One day, I'll look back on this time and think about how insignifcant it all was.  I can't wait.  Woman Sad

Oh well ---

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

*** UPDATE *** - Interview was today.

To my horror, I had to sign a release form authorizing my former employers to release ... whatever.

Sigh ...

I just don't care anymore.

Woman Frustrated

That doesn't sound like a place I'd want to work.  I don't think it's right that they asked you to sign something like that.

I had to give them 3 references.  The first 2 will be fine.  It's only the witch from #^LL that might create a problem for me.  Since the other 2 references are not related to the job I was applying for, they might make the extra effort to contact the witch.  The sad thing is, for years, I loved my job and did it very well.  Then, SHE came onboard and ruined my FUN.  Her jealousy and controlling nature were stifling.  Every week, she'd remind me, "I'm your supervisor".  One day, I almost said to her, "you are not my supervisor;  God is my supervisor!"  I wish I had.  LOL!

I got NO sleep last nite, reliving the nightmare.

One day, I'll look back on this time and think about how insignifcant it all was.  I can't wait.  Woman Sad

Oh well ---

I worked for someone like that, so I understand and I'm sorry. If someone feels the need to tell you that they're your supervisor after the first day, that means they're not fit to supervise anyone. Good leaders don't need to constantly remind everyone they're in charge.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I worked for someone like that, so I understand and I'm sorry. If someone feels the need to tell you that they're your supervisor after the first day, that means they're not fit to supervise anyone. Good leaders don't need to constantly remind everyone they're in charge.

=======================

Amen!

Sad thing is, when she first came onboard, I LIKED her, but she made it impossible for me to respect her.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."