Honored Contributor

Re: Quaker Factory is stuck in deep rut....

The main reason I rarely bother to look at a QF show is because a large majority of their tops are 3/4 sleeve. Will not buy, ever. Add perpetual offerings of horizontal stripes and there isn't much I would ever possibly want.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Jane said this morning that you could go into a store and see one embellished? t-shirt for $46.

I always wonder what store are they talking about?!!None that I"ve ever seen! The "you could go into a store and see one with 3 zero's added onto it" or "for thousands of dollars (when talking about jewelry or handbags or even shoes or boots).

That's when I stop watching. If they have to sell something by saying what a good buy it is (not!) and not selling it on its own merits, they've already lost me.

I thought there were much prettier tshirts they showed of QF than the tsv.Like A281805.But the prices are crazy!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

IMO ALL of QVC is in a rut.  Plenty of other places to shop and I do, although I have learned useful information on these forums!

Esteemed Contributor

I buy when the price is right.  Every catalogue out there sells pretty much the same design in my honest opinion for one third the price point.  Or I just wait for AS IS or clearance.  

Respected Contributor

Just what I always wanted in fashion ---  a big, sparkly fox on my chest.... and sparkles all the way down the side of my legs.

I do think this is a great line for a kindergarten teacher.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

Just what I always wanted in fashion ---  a big, sparkly fox on my chest.... and sparkles all the way down the side of my legs.

Yes, a kindergarten teacher with really bad taste.

Honored Contributor

Eh. I have purchased a few of the holiday sparkly shirts because, yes, the younger children LOVE them. Boys and girls like to look, touch the beads and sparkles. It's sweet, harmless and a fun way to celebrate the holiday/season.

I remember when they offered amazingly decorated sweaters/cardigans for the holiday seasons... still gorgeous years later.

Beyond that, I don't wear the stuff but what I do have has held up very, very well. 

Trusted Contributor

I imagine like any other product or group of products that if they weren't selling QVC would discontinue their relationship with the company or not sell a particular product.  Out of the millions of customers that the Q has, I'm betting that there are still a whole lot of them who buy QF. 

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I agree, QF tops would be great for pre-school and kindergarten teachers.  Anyone who works with very young children.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I wondered what the QF tsv would be and now I know.  The same set they've been selling for more years than I can count.  I imagine most Quackers already own several sets like that.  QF really needs to update it's merchandise.  They are stuck in 2005.  

I just voiced pretty much the same opinion on the TSV thread.  Frankly, I'd be surprised if they're still around in five years.

I'm tired of the glitter, the childish graphics, and most of all, the stubborn refusal of the company to make petites just because one woman had a quirky figure fault, I.e. "I'm short, not petite".  Well, the rest of the world is short AND petite.  I also think the quality is on the skids.

I don't even watch the shows anymore.  I love Angel but not QF.

What an offensive statement! There is a vast difference between "short" and "petite" and neither one is a "quirky figure fault."  Petite clothes are cut smaller all around, not just in length and rise.  Those of us who are short, meaning 5"3" and under are proportionately the same as our taller sisters, but because our legs are shorter or our torsos are longer, we need the "short" designation. Get your facts straight before you insult fellow posters.