Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please pray for a peaceful passing for my husband.

@KathyPet prayers to you and your family  during this difficult time.  May your husband be at peace.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Thank you all so much for your kindness and prayers.  The full Cathloic Mass will be Monday AM.  I am getting everything I wanted for his service including all the Hymns I  chose with full choir, friends delivering readings and my college roommate delivering a beautiful, warm, touching and sometimes humorous eulogy.

I have been holding up pretty well,so far.  So much to do at this time.  I did have a breakdown on Friday.  I needed to provide two songs to play at the reception behind the photo slide show.  My daughter chose Lee Ann Womack's " I hope you dance" since that was the father/daughter dance at her wedding.  I chose Johnny Mathis "the twelfth of never" since that was "our song" and the one we danced to at our wedding.  I haven't heard it in a long time so pulled it up on YouTube and listened to the beautiful lyrics and just fell apart sitting at my kitchen table.

(((KathyPet))).  Gentle hugs.  (((Heart)))  Your post brings tears to my eyes, thinking of my own memories, too.  This will be a special memorial to your beloved.  I admire the grace with which you've managed the recent days and weeks, and I continue to pray for comfort and peace for you and for all who love your dear husband.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Visitor

May God bless you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet---------Many thoughts are with you and your family.May they help you all through this rough time.          

tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet, prayers and deepest sympathy to you and your daughter.  I am so very sorry about your husband..

Hugs to you and your daughter, my friend...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

This breaks my heart.  When I was young, my parents owned a nightclub, and the band there always played The Twelfth of Never.  I remember it like yesterday.  What a beautiful song to have as "your song."  I am so sorry for your loss.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet  I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. My thoughts and prayers go to you, your husband and your family during this very difficult time.Heart

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet so sorry for your loss. The power of prayer in numbers does work and his peaceful passing is a reminder of that. May you have the strength and peace to remember the good times and wonderful memories you have had with him and that he is now watching over you. Each day gets a bit easier but you need to take the time to grieve and comfort yourself at this time. God bless you and your family.

Super Contributor

KathyPet......I used to be an active poster here, but have not been around as much lately.  For some reason, today I happened to log in and your thread was the first one that popped up. I think it popped up for a reason.

I lost my DH in June of 2014.  His passing came only 2 months after his diagnosis.  I do manage to accept the good from this heartbreak, and that is he never suffered.  He was only home six days with hospice before he passed.  He was lucid almost to the end.  For this I will always be grateful.

Like you I planned his entire funeral Mass, songs, and everything to do with the viewing.  I pulled myself together to be able to do this because I wanted to give him the sendoff he so rightly deserved.  I picked all his favorite hymns.  I now look back and am happy and grateful that I was able to do this for him.  He was the most important person in my life, and I would have never forgiven myself if I didn't personally take care of everything. I think you will feel the same. 

There will be tears, smiles, anger, frustration and lots of other emotions to come. But this is just a part of the grief process.  Everyone's grief is unique.  Never allow anyone to tell you how to grieve or how long you should grieve.  You are entitled to feel any emotion you wish.  In fact right before I logged on, I had an argument with my DH for leaving me.  Maybe silly of me, but sometimes things like that help.

I have tried to give you just a brief story of my loss in the hopes that it might help you get through all this.  Choose to do what is best for you at the moment.  And sometimes that moment maybe a laugh remembering something or it may be a river of tears. Treasure the laughs and the tears because even the tears have a special and loving memory behind them.  God bless you and your family.  You are in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and most of all for your prayers.  I have read them all.  The funeral service was beautiful..  There were 160 people attending.  I was completely amazed and grateful that so many people took the time to attend.