Respected Contributor

Re: Please pray for a peaceful passing for my husband.

KathyPet, May God bless you as you go through this time of grieving.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

As some of you know my husband has basically been hospitalized since Sept at UVA hospital in Charlottesville.  He was diagnosed with central brain lymphoma.  He got through 2 chemo rounds but then developed a bacterial infection in his lungs which antibiotics have failed to clear in 7 weeks.  Last night he developed difficulty breathing and now is on 100% oxygen and on morphine to keep him comfortable.  My daughter is on her way from about Two hours away.  His MD thinks we should stop his tube feeds and discontinue the antibiotics and just concentrate on keeping him comfortable.  No way to tell how long he can continue to breathe but he is on max oxygen.  I just want him to die peacefully and without pain.

your selflessness is a testimonial to your love...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

Your words are heartbreaking.  Like everyone else, I pray your husband has a pain free journey.  I have such admiration for you and your selflessness.

You and your daughter (and her family) are in my thoughts and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet, my sincerest condolences for your unimaginable loss. Let yourself cry tears until there are no more, your grief is evidence of the great love you shared. There will be difficult days ahead, and a new journey. You are strong and will find your way. Prayers of love and light and the peace of understanding surround you. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much for your kindness and prayers.  The full Cathloic Mass will be Monday AM.  I am getting everything I wanted for his service including all the Hymns I  chose with full choir, friends delivering readings and my college roommate delivering a beautiful, warm, touching and sometimes humorous eulogy.

I have been holding up pretty well,so far.  So much to do at this time.  I did have a breakdown on Friday.  I needed to provide two songs to play at the reception behind the photo slide show.  My daughter chose Lee Ann Womack's " I hope you dance" since that was the father/daughter dance at her wedding.  I chose Johnny Mathis "the twelfth of never" since that was "our song" and the one we danced to at our wedding.  I haven't heard it in a long time so pulled it up on YouTube and listened to the beautiful lyrics and just fell apart sitting at my kitchen table.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

I do not know how I missed your update.  There just are no adequate words of comfort.  You must find solace in knowing your husband is no longer suffering.  These last few months have taken such a toll on you.  With time your life will take on a new normal.

My Catholic upbringing has taught me to believe in Heaven and I know someday we will see our loved ones again.

The Twelfth of Never is my favorite Johnny Mathis song.  I remember your post about this being your wedding song.  Every time I hear it I will remember my cyber friend.

Frequent Contributor

KathyPet, prayers for you and your family for continued strength and healing.

Contributor

God Bless your family.

Honored Contributor

kathypet..your husbands memorial service sounds like it will be very beautiful.You and your daughter put a lot of sentiment into it and I am sure that the tears will flow.I hope that you will stay in touch with us when you need someone to talk to. I will pray for you to begin your healing process and for the day you can listen to your special song without too many tears just  tender memories.

Respected Contributor

Kathy, prayers for you and your family. God Bless!