Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE CHECK YOUR PROFILE, PREFERENCES AND PERMISSIONS

@goodstuff wrote:

I believe the information under "Personal Information" is visible only to the signed-in poster who owns the information.......or at least I asked and that is what QVC told me.

I don't see names when I click on posters' avatars.  How did you see this?

It must be that somebody input their personal information and didn't make it 'private'.  You have that choice.  I'm not sure why anybody would make that choice, but I guess it's not for me to judge. 

I can't help but wonder if whoever it was who filled in all that personal information thought they were supposed to do that and didn't make sure it was private.  There are a LOT of people on this board who are pretty new to the internet.  Hopefully, that person saw what they did and fixed it.

Honored Contributor

Chickenbutt, she fixed it by 8am this morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bird mama, you are truly a Good Samaritan! I want to post an avatar, but that is MY fear..that it will be too revealing, info-wise ....
Honored Contributor

Mothertrucker, it depends on the avatar. 

I finally bought a digital camera in 2013 after Presto was born.  DH always had one, I hung on to film with a death grip (lol).  Anyways, I disabled all of the geotracking features of the camera.  So, all pics I take don't have any properties that give location like latitude or longitude.

Now, if I stand in front of a street sign or Church that can be googled, then I deserve it (lol).

I first uploaded a pic of my pigeon Grayson.  At that time, I was asked if I wanted to add a geotag and I declined.  The only reason I switched from my Grayson to Courage the Cowardly Dog is you can see Courage the Cowardly dog better.

You may want to try saving something off the internet like I did with Courage the Cowardly Dog.  I saved a copy of the pic to my PC at home then uploaded it.

I don't know how to go from internet or photobucket to the avatar here.  I don't do facebook so what I've managed to do so far is fancy for me (rolling my own eyes).

For what it's worth, they have your ISP computer address already so you uploading a pic from your PC isn't going to really tell them something that don't know already.

Occasional Contributor

Birdmama,

Thanks for the "heads up" .... BTW, I like your avatar ... hopefully that's not the "mama" of your pet bird .... yikes!

Honored Contributor

Thanks Blue Lagoon.  Courage the Cowardly Dog was a fave of my DH and me.  I think he pops nicely as an avatar.  It makes it easier for me to find my own posts too.

Naw, I'm the birdmama and you don't want to see my mug (lol).