Respected Contributor

@Shanus, ssweet butter is simply butter without salt...I love Kerigold Irish butter: you can find that just about everywhere!

When DH was at Einstein, it was all kosher, but one of my favorite breakfast offering that they had was a variety of breads and bagels with a "shmear" of sweet butter or cream cheese: we are talking about generous portions to the tune of what must have been half a cup on your chosen bread.  My favorite was a "Schmear" on a Kaiser roll!

(I think "Schmear" is probably Yiddish: forgive the spelling)

Tomorrow morning I am playing with K for P crepes. Your idea of using OJ is brilliance! I guess you could use any reduced fruit juice: my fave, Kedem comes to mind! ....with a little cream cheese????

Poodlepet2 is grinning from ear to ear!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Post script: after shopping all morning, I found a 32 GB I Pad air with accessories and VBG, tech support! I don't need massive amounts of memory.  I don't use it like DH uses his (backup GPS when he's flying) so I'm fine with Wi-Fi used in places I trust-such as home!

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my beloved FIL's death...the yartzeit candle is still burning....when our son was born, I remember he was the "red ribbon" man.  He was the one who fastened red ribbons to the cribs of newly born grand babies, and newly purchased cars.....

I miss him so very much, but I have wonderful memories of him and my MIL. 

With that in mind, I chose a red case: I am technologically inept...I can use all the luck I can get!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  When I need juices or puréed fruits for recipes, I look to baby/toddler area first. Most are now sugar free or no sugar added. Have even put their toddler fruits as a syrup on sugar free ice cream.

Thanks for butter explanation. Thought it was something special other than unsalted. When I treat myself to a piece of the best bread/rolls I can find, why not have the best butter?

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2. Me again. Re crepes: since when I make the batter, it's so thin w/ so little flour used, wonder if a little cornstarch could be used as thickening agent?

Respected Contributor

Keri Gold is the best-clearly, it's made from the milk of happy Irish boonies! I am positive there is an Irish Rebbe who would say it's a mitzvah yo buy and eat it because we put money into farmers-and we ourselves have a rich agricultural history!

The baby food is an excellent idea!  

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Shanus, I don't know: I have seen paleo/low carb recipes that use no starch whatsoever....I am thinking really well beaten eggs with a little club soda might be something to try.

If you have no problems with wheat, why not use it???

For Pesach, cake meal is fine....I want to search out if tapioca starch/ flour is allowed. I saw some great paleo recipes that look delicious!

Poodlepet2