Honored Contributor

A co-worker met his wife on match.com.  She had two kids.  They've been marred six years and he's happy as can be.

Another friend is on match also, but he hasn't had much success yet.  

Respected Contributor

A friend of ours met her DH of 5 years now and two kids later. They are very happy.

Another friend has dated loads of dudes to end with 

"Don't let the door hit ya on the way out" 

Good luck op!

Esteemed Contributor

Met my husband via the internet.

Married 12 years now.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

Respected Contributor

I'm 61 years old and I think it's great as I know quite a few people who have met their "true love" online.  I met my DH in a bar in 1977, so I don't think meeting someone online is any different.  No matter how you meet someone, you always have to be careful.  If any of you watch "Madam Secretary", the actress who plays Daisy, Patina Miller, met her husband online.  Whatever works!

Trusted Contributor

Our son met our DIL through a dating site. He was originally dating her roommate, but it wasn't working out....he had met her (the roommate) through the site. One night, after driving home, his cell rang; it was the girl's roommate, who is now our DIL. She told him right out that she was really attracted to him. He admitted he felt the same way.  They've been married now for almost 15 years and have graced us with two adorable grandchildren.

Trusted Contributor

After being widowed for 5 years I was talked into going on Plenty Of Fish and I met a wonderful man, 3 years my junior.  We have been together as BF and GF going on 2 years. 

My son met his wife on the same site. 

It is far better than going to a bar, ( no that I did not do, lol)  or sitting at home lonely. 

Honored Contributor

My 51 year old neighbor just got married a few weeks ago to a girl he met online, she is only 26 yrs old.He went on some International Dating website, because he says he likes Exotic looking women, she is from Guatemala. We shall see if it lasts!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Good for you and your boyfriend.  You are both far braver than I would ever be!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Good for you. I personally *hate* the term "cougar." And 6 years is no big deal.

Absolutely, especially as you get older. 6 years is a big difference when you're in your teens or 20s, but once you are both over 35 or so, age difference matters less and less.

Honored Contributor

My son met a a really nice woman online, she's a little older than he is, but she's the first woman he's been seriously interested in and vice versa. I can't tell you how many online dates he's had that didn't pan out.