Super Contributor

Okay, I'm going to admit it. I'm tired of hiding it

[ Edited ]

I love watching Dr. Sandra Lee's (the pimple popper) videos. I don't know what it is about them, but there's something very satisfying about them. It's almost like a car wreck where you can't look away. Anyone else care to admit it?  Please don't think less of me? LOL.  Also, I had a Lipoma on the back of my neck about 20 years ago. They put me to sleep to remove it so it's been so interesting to see what the removal actually looked like.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Re: Okay, I'm going to admit it. I'm tired of hiding it

o/

Super Contributor

Me too!  You are so right about it being satisfying!  I also enjoy watching Dr. John Gilmore.  He's a hoot!

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

I love watching Dr. Sandra Lee's (the pimple popper) videos. I don't know what it is about them, but there's something very satisfying about them. It's almost like a car wreck where you can't look away. Anyone else care to admit it?  Please don't think less of me? LOL.  Also, I had a Lipoma on the back of my neck about 20 years ago. They put me to sleep to remove it so it's been so interesting to see what the removal actually looked like.

@MercysMom

Not familiar with your particular video. I can tell you this, and from personal experience. I have had many procedures done on my body over the years, and when possible, wanted to watch them.

I have watched several including during my 2nd heart attack, the Stent Angioplasty being done. Doctor turned the monitor a little so I could watch him. He knows me well and knows I love seeing things done on my body.

Also had a ruptured L-3 spinal disc removed by my friend, who is a Spinal Surgeon. I watched the whole 2 hour surgical procedure and loved every minute of it.

Not sure this is what you are saying, but this is what I got from reading your post.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom Eeeew is all I can say about that hobby of yours.I once saw a boil explode after my mom pricked it with a pin and that eruption has haunted me.I can feel a little nauseous just recalling it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea who she is but it's not something I would watch but to each his/her own.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Contributor

I am right there with you.  I rally enjoy these videos.

Respected Contributor

Several years ago, there were televised real operations.  I found them fascinating and so different from tv drama operations. 

The atmosphere was calm and measured and to my surprise not gory at all. Each step of the operation was explained.

Reality is different and often more interesting than made up stuff.

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness.  I had to go to YouTube to see if you meant pimple popper literally.  And you did.  I didn't do any viewing.  Yuck and double yuck.  To each his own.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

@MercysMom I have seen her several times on The Doctors and I have to say I don't look away, although some of them are quite, for lack of a better word, memorable!