Respected Contributor

Re: Ok, I'm frustrated with too much messing around. I'll miss you guys!

I am not too tech, but I can't imagine why it has become so hard to just chat a bit. QVC, check out dam yankee dot com. How could she have created a fun board in just a few days when you took months and it is a mess? I also think you should revive Viewpoints.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Ok, so I'm back for a minute!

I was thinking, what I feel is sad, is that, we've come in here and helped each other out, and through some of life's troubles. Others have been encouraged to vent, to help them get through trials in their lives.

I still am deciding if I'll come in from time to time and give it some time to try and figure a few things out.

I'm in a point in life where, I'm pretty tired from life's events and while I'm happy to help with any experience I might have had, and either give or seek advice, this sort of figuring things out, gets to be a bit much. I really miss what we had. I had no idea that the problems that there were, would lead to this total turnaround.

I'm still deciding.

I so agree with all of this!

It's much too frustrating to spend time here now.  What used to be easy and a place I came to often has turned into far too much work.  Sometimes I can find threads I responded to, and sometimes I can't.  That's the biggest problem for me.  Posters here have been wonderful about trying to help each other, but it feels like a sinking ship.

I used to get a lot out of these forums - company on a lonely night, interesting interactions with people in other parts of the country, playful banter and laughter, exchanging ideas about topics of interest, coming here for advice, going thru sad global events together, and yes, offering words of encouragement to others.  I remember people who were going to be alone on Thanksgiving agreeing to post together that day so they would feel a little less isolated.  And posters reaching out to console someone who had suffered a loss.  Or was just having a bad day.  There were posters of all ages, and I think now about some of the older ones who weren't especially tech-savvy, but were able to easily navigate the old QVC site.  I can't imagine how lost they must feel right now.

It's all overly-complicated.  Too many bells & whistles with some essentials apparently gone.  Too little guidance, too many people still - a week later - trying to figure things out.  I've been thru forum changes before, but never this drastic and never just so wrong on so many levels.  

It doesn't even look welcoming, and visually it's hard on the eyes.  There's not one thing I like about it, other than occasionally seeing a familiar name.

Like you, I miss what we had.  And I also had no idea that things would change so drastically.  It doesn't feel at all like the same place

Trusted Contributor

It's amazing to me that they promised so much, took so long, worked so hard (I suppose), made so many changes, and just did so darn many things in an effort to give us a better (?) forum when obviously they had no idea of what they were doing.

They couldn't have or they wouldn't have messed things up so royally ! It's plain and clear someone who worked on all of the changes just looked at it on paper and thought "this would be nice here and that there,etc." because they couldn't have ever played on "Gamers" or used the other threads and created this monster !

Some designer person must have come in and just looked at it on paper and suggested all of the changes.

Anyone who was familiar with playing these things could not have done this to us. The "Gamers" section was all mixed up, difficult to play and totally uninviting. Still is.

If this is a sneaky attempt to drive us all away and shut it down I do believe it will certainly work.

I've never been so angry with QVC, and I am seriously thinking of closing my account and shopping elsewhere for good if this is how they disrespect me and my money.