Honored Contributor

Welcome Friends and Visitors to the Back Fence

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2015 - Back Fence

If you walked along my back fence my dog Wally would meet you there.

Unfortunately my back fence no way resembles this one Ms Bird.  Your's is very lovely.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi birdmama, ltns, the fall pic in your opening post is fabulous, happy fall to you and your back fence gal friends!

I was just dropping in to ask you if you have heard the sad news of Ozzies passing Sunday evening? He stayed away from the nest after being released by CROW in June until recently, in time for nestorating. In the meantime Harriet had taken on a new friend (FV) and some of the ground viewers had seen Oz and FV fight for rights to the nest. Apparently Ozzie was injured and ended up, can you believe this, in a cam viewers yard, intangled in some barbed wire where she was able to summom CROW to come rescue him again, again. His blood was septic  from the week old injuries he suffered fighting FV? and unfortunitly they were unable to save him this time, FV has not been seen since then and all are wondering his fate. Not sure when the cam will be back on for the season, hopefully soon, hopefully FV survived any injuries but that may be doubtful. He stood by Harriet as a faithful friend while Oz was in rehab  and I hate to think he has parished too. It will be interesting to see what befalls Harriet next, seems there is already an eagle or 2 in the immediate area checking her out so hopefully we will still have some Christmas babies!

I hope all is well with you, I sure am happy to see fall arriving, we had a heck of a hot summer up here in the PNW. Sorry to bring bad/sad news to your thread, I thought of you and just wanted fo give you a heads up. Feels like we have lost a dear friend, maybe there is some comfort in knowing what happened to him instead of always wondering. Whats the chance of him being rescued a second time.

If anyone is wondering which nest, this is the SWFLEagleCam .com in Fort Meyers Fla.,  the awesome Ozzie and Harriets nest.

eta~ I just learned season 4 has officially begun at the nest today, the cam is up and running now. You can see an update on the season at their facebook page SWFL Eagle Cam. It will be interesting to follow the next chapter...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD

I wish I lived on a small path like this and my back fence looked like this.  Alas, it does not

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal

I'm sorry to read about the loss of Ozzie.  I pretty much limited myself to Berry College this past breeding season.

I assume you heard about the passing of Bob Anderson (RRP - Decorah).  Wow, that was a shocker.

Of course, we also had the oldest banded eagle get hit by a car in June. 

I wonder if the person who hit him with the car even stopped. 38 years old he was - what a shame.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - have had yet another busy day. Just wanted to say hello.

Honored Contributor

Freddie - you okay sweetie?  Is Davey still towing the line? 

How is Tessa's little one?  If I'm prying - let me know and I will drop it :-)

Trusted Contributor

My service is still going in and out but it is better.  Supposedly it is an MSN problem but if so, it must be just in our area.    It is downright cold today.  The sun is peeking through so the sunroom should warm up after awhile.  I've been trying for three days to order Disney Tsum Tsum sheets from Target.  I could get so far then get kicked off.  When I called they said they were out of stock but keep checking.  They said they would make note of promotional number.  I've called three times and they are always sold out. So yesterday I tried ordering again and set up an account. No luck. This morning I tried again, didn't review my shipping and the darn thing went through.  It's going to come to my house and be billed there  too. Oh well.  My granddaughter in law wanted them for her daughter.  If they do actually get here we will decide who is giving them for Christmas.  I didnt get the promo discount but did get 5 percent using my Target card but I sure worked hard. Lol.  I hope I get to give them because that would be one Christmas gift done.  

Respected Contributor

Betty, you did good. Is it ok to say that? LOL!!!

Checked thru my munchies and this time of day only thing I have to leav here is some great Ritz crackers - that is the ones that say "Garlic" on them. LOL. They sure are good!!! Will leave some bottled water as a go with as am out of coffee - for the evening only - and have no sodas or even tea. I need to get on the ball. Oh well, water is better anyway. Well that is what the Docs say.

Everyone is fine and Davey is acting up a bit again but still better than before. Am trying to give him some breathing room but he is so very lazy and his Mother was here last night and just makes things worse. He is still her "little" boy all 200 plus pounds. He needs to get at least 50 to 0 pounds - if not more - off him. Sorry if I offend anyone but often Mothers of boys can be a royal pain. Told my mother that very nicely one day - there were two girls and two boys in my family and the boys cam off winners. Had to laugh at her as she quickly admitted my "baby brother" was spoiled rotten. My older brother was a tad spoiled as he was sickly as a child but grew up to be every inch a man. We lost him at age 46 due to Nam injuries.

Hope all had a super good day.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 sisters and wanted a brother so bad Freddie. I would have spoiled a baby boy rotten. Have two nieces who had girls. Too much estrogen in my family!