Super Contributor

Re: Newbie.....go easy on me

Welcome.  So sorry for you loss. Hope you are coping well. The best healer is passage o time. QVC has kept me company many a late, sleepless night also. I turn it down low and usually end up falling asleep on the couch. There are a lot of kind people on these forums as you can tell by previous replys. Hugs to you!   

Valued Contributor

Hi Red, welcome to the forums. There are many sweet and helpful people here. Occasionally someone will be snippy but I just ignore them. I try to remember to focus on the positive. 

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

Welcome

Respected Contributor

So very sorry for your loss. Congratulations on degree. Welcome to forum. There's a great deal of wisdom and caring on the board.

Don't be intimidated by the few negative comments, this is an overwhelming positive place.

About "deals", reading reviews are always helpful. Checkout last click, as is,

lunchtime and late night specials for deals. 

Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

A very warm welcome to you!  I am so sorry you lost your husband.  This has to be a very hard time for you.  Many of us have gone through hard times and found supportive friends here.  And congratulations on your degree!  I am sure your hard work will be rewarded.  

Respected Contributor

Hey. I too am sorry for your loss. The forums can be a nice way to pass some time even if you don't shop on QVC, much. I hope your job search goes well & you find just the place for you.

Respected Contributor

@RedRidinghood  Welcome to these boards!  You are doing the right thing by coming here for support.  Any free time you have, you can just drop in here and see what's going on.  I've learned a lot from these posters, and I hope they have enjoyed my posts as well.  After awhile, you'll become familiar with some of the nics and begin to feel like we are your friends.........but you don't have to buy us Christmas presents or take us out to dinner!  Hope you like it here!   Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello @RedRidinghood 😊 

Welcome & I look forward to posting with you!  

Honored Contributor

@RedRidinghood

Well hello there Red and welcome to the Community.  I lost my husband at the beginning of 2007 and started watching QVC after I had major surgery at the end of 2007.

The silence at night is deafening and sleep does not come easily, boy do I remember that time of my life.  I promise you this - be patient with yourself and sleep when you can.  The first 4 seasons of this journey are going to be the toughest as each season will bring fresh new reminders of the loss. 

As far as deals at the Q?  Well, they aren't as easy to come by as they were when I started watching back in the day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

RedRidinghood,

Welcome to the boards.

This is a great ways to get all kind of information and learn new things from some really nice folks. Talking about learning new things congratulations on your graduation.

I am sorry too hear of your loss and hope we can help you feel a little better.