Respected Contributor

Re: New Year, New Bird's Nest - January 2017

Birdmama, you are surely somewhat quiet - hope things are well.

Freezing here - and feeders are empty - of course. I dread getting out and having to take Davey to school. I still get soooooo angry over the school district dropping school buses. This is a sprawling area and we have no city buses. It is a nightmare driving kids to school - angry parents, friends, etc who are having to haul kids - just not right.

Need to think about filling the feeders. Also need to think about the stupid person who put out in the open a canvas chair I use in the carport - rained on it - it is soaked and of course will now rot. Grrrr. Strongly suspect it was Davey. For a smart kid he just does not use his brain any too much. LOL

Have a good day one and all.

Honored Contributor

Natures Beauty!:

Bernie,  Echoing Winifred,   Are you ok?   Hope all is ok with you.   

Hi to all my Birding Friends,  The temps are about 8 to 10 degrees cooler than they have been, though 70 is not my idea of Winter.   The humidity isn't bad considering the heavy rains and storms we had over the weekend.  

Just filled the birdfeeder and cleaned out the bird food barrel.  And now, the crows are back for some peanuts.   The squirrels were out there too.  I picked a couple of bitter oranges off the tree for my tonic and 'lime' before supper.

Have a nice rest of your evening. Heart

Honored Contributor

Charming Photos of Winter Scenery:

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink wrote:

Natures Beauty!:

Bernie,  Echoing Winifred,   Are you ok?   Hope all is ok with you.   

Hi to all my Birding Friends,  The temps are about 8 to 10 degrees cooler than they have been, though 70 is not my idea of Winter.   The humidity isn't bad considering the heavy rains and storms we had over the weekend.  

Just filled the birdfeeder and cleaned out the bird food barrel.  And now, the crows are back for some peanuts.   The squirrels were out there too.  I picked a couple of bitter oranges off the tree for my tonic and 'lime' before supper.

Have a nice rest of your evening. Heart

@possummink

@Winifred

I sure do hope that Bernie is ok.

Honored Contributor

Hell all, work has been insane.  Long story short, we got a proposal for a group that is owned by a friend of my CEO.  Nothing like knowing that connection to get leadership's panties in a wad, rofl.  I've been knee deep in it for days and finished it at home tonight around 9pm. 

I've been meaning to post this bird for two days - the Black Cockatoo

Image result for black cockatoo

Related image

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Trinket Box: Penguin:

I don't think I've ever seen a fancier penguin.   Would love this trinket box.  Have to Google it and see what it's cost is. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Trinket Box: Miniature Cardinal:

I even found one for Winifred,   I just clicked on the print beneath the box and found the site.   $31.00 for the Cardinal   Guess that's not too bad.  Like I need something else to dust!!!  NOT.   It is cute though. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Mignonnes Illustrations coffre aux tresors deuxiemme serie - Page 26:

Honored Contributor

@possummink

That penguin trinket box is divine.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor