Honored Contributor

Re: Need advice please! My neighbors husband is cheating on her

Just the idea of them in the bed, that she sleeps in,YUCK!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

To the Poster:

I think you mentioned you were going to stay out of it.  Providing that plays through....I have another piece of advice.  IF she does discover it and asks you about it...I would continue to stay out of it.  There is nothing that can distroy a person to know that you were "the last one" to figure it out. 

Honored Contributor

@Gayle2

Thank you for the advice. That is our plan🌹

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

What if on the off chance you are wrong, it could destroy a family.  I wouldn't say a word.

In this situation, I wouldn't say a word either.  They may have an open marriage, or some kind of understanding between them.  She may already know and not care.  Or she may know and be very upset - in which case she doesn't need the additional humiliation of finding out that the neighbors know too.  She may have a little affair of her own going on.  Sometimes things are not what they seem.

Unless she's a good friend of yours, I would stay out of it.  Not your marriage, not your business.  

Esteemed Contributor

@athenian wrote:

Is it possible for you to move?  Because I don't think you can mention this to either of them without a big ruckus.  And I wouldn't want to be around when the wife catches on and catches him.  I'd stay as far away as possible from the whole situation (not easy in a double house).

Move?  Why should she move?  That seems like a huge over-reaction and pretty drastic.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I don't know that I'd tell her, but I might anonymously try to arrange for her to come home unexpectedly and find out for herself...

I think that's a terrible thing to do.  Blindsiding an innocent woman and setting her up for a traumatic experience is not a kindness by any stretch of the imagination.  That would be the most awful way for her to find out if she doesn't already know and incredibly humiliating if she does.

Esteemed Contributor

I would stay out of it completely..

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@athenian wrote:

Is it possible for you to move?  Because I don't think you can mention this to either of them without a big ruckus.  And I wouldn't want to be around when the wife catches on and catches him.  I'd stay as far away as possible from the whole situation (not easy in a double house).

Move?  Why should she move?  That seems like a huge over-reaction and pretty drastic.

Move? Oh for crying out loud.......Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

Neighbor's husband quit his job and she works during the day. We rent a twin home and the walls aren't soundproof. 

The woman parks her car on the side street and you can hear clearly what is going on.

I want to stay out of it and not tell her, but there is an inner sense that I should tell her.

They also have children.

What would you do?

Thank you for your advice.

Tell her - that Dog can bring home a STD - and do not think for one minute it won't happen.  My BIL (one of Baltimore County's finest) was getting it on with the next door neighbor - who enjoyed coffee with his wife !!!  

The next door neighbor threatened BIL who came clean - but it was too late because SIL and the neighbors Husband BOTH HAD STD's.

... both couples went to church together too.  It was a scandal all over the place.

Honored Contributor

The husband just might have a temper.  I wouldn't want to be around (living next door) if and when he finds out who told his wife. I'd stay out of it. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).