Valued Contributor

Many of us do things as to not make waves. I think that is especially true with women. We bought the house so the children would have bedrooms plus a backyard.

Trusted Contributor

Do you know a neighbor or someone at work who has gotten a divorce and would recommend their lawyer?  I would ask people I know for names of lawyers.  Maybe they don't know a divorce attorney, but an attorney they've used for another matter might be able to recommend someone.  

Do you have family nearby who can be supportive? Sounds overwhelming, but 1 step at a time!

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piecei was thinking the same thing but we don't know what her degree is and maybe she is suffering a breakdown over the whole mess.

Valued Contributor

I am a "slave" to the nyc dept. of education. My husband is the same but much lower than me on the payscale and in experience.

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 I hope that you decide to take some of the advice you received.Please don't give out your private info even when people are trying to help.

Valued Contributor

Marriage is a challenge in the best of circumstances. Most people don't start out intending to be unhappy. And hindsight can be very helpful in determining where you went wrong but not so helpful if you bash yourself over the head with it.

A decision can seem workable at the time and turn out to be the fork in the road you wish you didn't take. Enough of these can make for an unhappy life. 

Many great ideas here. I hope you get what you need....strength, wisdom, the right attorney so you can be happy and safe.

Honored Contributor

First of all, be the best employee you can be. You wouldn't want to be jobless.   Then, there are many good suggestions here.  Lots of good luck to you.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67

Are you a teacher?  Is he?

Trusted Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

Hard to belive all of this, your in a unhappy marriage, unstable financial history, problems at work, insufficient child care. So you decide to go in further debt and buy a home?

I think the OP was looking for advice, not judgement!

Esteemed Contributor

Why do I get the feeling that there is physical abuse involved, too?

I hope that I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not.