Honored Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2015 - Bird's Nest

Photo: Cedar Cardinal - wunderground.com from Michigan!:

Honored Contributor

thanksgiving greetings - Google Search

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Puddles, always great to hear from you. This may sound stupid but the Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated in the USA - is it also celebrated there. Through the years I have not kept in step with the changing times - just wondering. At any rate, enjoy the day!!

Hey, we had a few drops of rain last night. I had forgotten rain was a slight possibility and I "FORGOT and left my clothes on the line - only one load, but still - how dumb can we be on occasion. I rarely leave clothes out - just do not have the energy level to get some things done which use to be normal for me - stress levels are super high in this home and not all due to any one person, just a result of trying to form family ties with little ones and big ones. At any rate the clothes are now in the dryer. Now no laughing please, I could NOT find my clothes basket and I was ticked - what a way to start the morning. So I got the stroller - only thing I could find to gather the things in and rolled it to the dryer int he carport. Went back out to get the soaked clothes pin bag and there was the clothes basket - on TOP of one of my Jasmine bushes. Grrrr!! Guess another lecture is due. Am assuming it was placed there when Rickey was out in the back yard playing. Not good for those sad bushes - but they are still hanging in with the drought - as I never would have thought to search the bushes for the basket.

Possum, you always find such great pictures of my favorite bird - also Conrad and Miss Blackie.

Feeders still have some food in them. Had to chuckle at the pix of the feeder on the three chains here. I still have one exactly like that but mine looks pretty bad - it is ancient but still works. Should find a new something to put in it as a layer to ensure the food stays there until it is eaten - the original one is worthless but I still leave it in there.

Traffic is horrible out here = I actually had to go back to the grocery store yesterday - I NEVER go food shopping this week or Christmas week. Times have changed. Traffic is bad inside as well as outside although the checker said they have had less people shopping this week than in years past. Not sure what that means.

Honored Contributor

Hello there Birding Friends- I imagine things are getting hectic at your homes as you prepare for Thanksgiving.  I gave money for the bird, so there is no immediate cooking in my future.  I will be dining at my eldest sister's home.  It's always good to see the littlest ones on special occasions.  I enjoy watching them grow into 'people'.

The bird for today is the Rufescent Tiger Heron

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise