Honored Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2015 - Back Fence

@mousiegirl wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

We're going to have a few days of winter this week - temps dropping from the high 80s to the low 60s! Yikes!  I'm so happy about it - it will feel more like Thanksgiving if it's chilly.

@house_cat  We are having rain now. Smiley Happy

That's wonderful news!  Originally they were predicting that El Nino would mostly affect SoCal, which is bad, because we get most of our water from up north. Yesterday, however, I heard that the system is so large it's expected to drop lots and lots of rain in NoCal also. That makes me want to do the happy dance!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

We're going to have a few days of winter this week - temps dropping from the high 80s to the low 60s! Yikes!  I'm so happy about it - it will feel more like Thanksgiving if it's chilly.

@house_cat  We are having rain now. Smiley Happy

That's wonderful news!  Originally they were predicting that El Nino would mostly affect SoCal, which is bad, because we get most of our water from up north. Yesterday, however, I heard that the system is so large it's expected to drop lots and lots of rain in NoCal also. That makes me want to do the happy dance!

@house_cat  The sun is out now with wind, hisss booo.  It did not pour rain, so not much use, but even if it would rain at least once a week, a good soaking, that would make a difference.  I hope the weather prediction is correct.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I remember Doris Day singing I'll See You In My Dreams.
Honored Contributor

@yock

Speaking of Doris Day, because I don't have cable I get all kinds of older TV shows.  The channel MeTV runs Christmas specials of TV shows right now between the 9pm and 10pm hour and I'd forgotton Doris Day had her own show.  Anyway, this was back when they were experimenting with the 'soft focus' cameras on older actresses.  I thought Doris Day was a doll younger or older and I had to laugh when I was watching the show and they focused on everyone else, the picture was clear.  When they were filming Doris, I felt like I had major cataracts - talk about blurry, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all who gather at the Back Fence.  I am thankful for your company and conversation.

Honored Contributor

I don't usually click over on this topic.  I'm usually at TV and Movies, but when I saw it was you, birdmama, I had to wish you and your friends and all here a marvelous Thanksgiving.

I've always felt like you (and many other's here) have good hearts and those are my favorite people.

Take care and be safe!  Annabellethecat!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@yock

Speaking of Doris Day, because I don't have cable I get all kinds of older TV shows.  The channel MeTV runs Christmas specials of TV shows right now between the 9pm and 10pm hour and I'd forgotton Doris Day had her own show.  Anyway, this was back when they were experimenting with the 'soft focus' cameras on older actresses.  I thought Doris Day was a doll younger or older and I had to laugh when I was watching the show and they focused on everyone else, the picture was clear.  When they were filming Doris, I felt like I had major cataracts - talk about blurry, lol.

@Bird mama  I read that it was to hide her freckles.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi Back Fencers, wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm in good shape got a lot done today, will set the table tonite, & make pies tomorrow

Hope you all have a wonderful day filled with good food & blessings to all

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Annabelle, the ladies of the Bird's Nest and Back Fence are good people.  Feel free to visit either thread any time.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Bird mama @Winifred @house_cat and all the friendly, kindhearted ladies who gather at the Back Fence!

Just stopped by to wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving!  Phil 1:3

Psalm 126:3

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~