Super Contributor

Re: My son has to do jail time

@hopeandfaith wrote:

Why do people still think I am making this up??  Again, what would the reason be?

And why am I not coming back?? 

I think some people on this board have way too much time on their hands.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a few posters on the forums that have a herd mentality. I'm sorry that you have experienced this, it has driven many posters away. 

Honored Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

The OP has only 8 posts.

Hmm........ wonder if she'll return or if we've been taken for a ride. 

We have been taken for a ride. She never came back to respond or to answer any questions.

@Diamonds22   She has come back and responded many times.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@mantaraye wrote:

@hopeandfaith wrote:

Why do people still think I am making this up??  Again, what would the reason be?

Unfortunately, there seems to be a few posters on the forums that have a herd mentality. I'm sorry that you have experienced this, it has driven many posters away. 

Your comment, in the context of the OP's comment, makes no sense/is irrelevant.

When several people see things the same way or wonder the same thing, that doesn't make them a herd, except to people who disagree with them. It's just an old trope used similarly to "you're just jealous!" - both are meaningless.

Posting in the QVC forums doesn't guarantee total agreement and universal warm fuzzies. That's the reality.

Posters are only "driven" away if they choose to be.

And as you are clearly aware, OP *has* continued to return to this thread, multiple times, despite not getting out of it what she expected. She's already demonstrated that she hasn't been "driven away."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@mantaraye wrote:

@hopeandfaith wrote:

I have to agree with part of this @mantaraye.  Many people were chastizing her for what her son did.  The funny thing is she didn't ask for that.  She stated that she told him he's gotta do what he's gotta do.  SHE just wants help coping.  Not many people offered coping assistance (maybe they are not familiar with how to do so).  

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

The OP has only 8 posts.

Hmm........ wonder if she'll return or if we've been taken for a ride. 

We have been taken for a ride. She never came back to respond or to answer any questions.

She did come back.  Several times.

Sorry it was my mistake. The thread has gotten so long that I must have missed her reply. 

@hope&faith,

I am very sorry & you have a lot of good advice from good posters here.

Valued Contributor

It's all horrible to you now. He will adjust and you just might find a sort of relief as time goes by. For 11 mos you will know what he's doing and where he is at all times. No more lying awake at night worrying he may be driving drunk and possibly killing himself.

Sounds like an awful thing to say , but it is reality for many moms who have had a difficult situation to deal with. Motherhood- the good, the bad, and the ugly. Sad but true.

Honored Contributor

I'll answer why people think you might be making it up:

Because there are numerous posts where people DID.  Many individuals wrote and posted very long and/or thoughtful posts in the attempt to assist the person only to find out it was a fake post. The individual always had less than 10 posts to their name. After a while, you begin to not take anyone at face value.

I'll also answer someone who mentioned why so many people are not offering words of comfort:

Because in this day and age, to drive DRUNK is wrong and it can KILL. Too many have been affected by drunk drivers. Feeling sorry for someone who CHOOSES to drink and then drive isn't going to happen NOR to those who turn a blind eye to the behavior of a loved one. The person who should feel for are those who have been injured or killed DUE to the selfish idiots who chose to drink and drive.

Perhaps spending almost a year in jail will help him to realize his choice was the WRONG one to make. I don't believe this is the first time he's done it, nor that it's the first time he's been caught. To the OP, I am sorry your son has lied to you as that does hurt. Take time to think about the choices he has made,  the pain it has caused and go from there in order to protect yourself in more way than one.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I'll answer why people think you might be making it up:

Because there are numerous posts where people DID.  Many individuals wrote and posted very long and/or thoughtful posts in the attempt to assist the person only to find out it was a fake post. The individual always had less than 10 posts to their name. After a while, you begin to not take anyone at face value.

I'll also answer someone who mentioned why so many people are not offering words of comfort:

Because in this day and age, to drive DRUNK is wrong and it can KILL. Too many have been affected by drunk drivers. Feeling sorry for someone who CHOOSES to drink and then drive isn't going to happen NOR to those who turn a blind eye to the behavior of a loved one. The person who should feel for are those who have been injured or killed DUE to the selfish idiots who chose to drink and drive.

Perhaps spending almost a year in jail will help him to realize his choice was the WRONG one to make. I don't believe this is the first time he's done it, nor that it's the first time he's been caught. To the OP, I am sorry your son has lied to you as that does hurt. Take time to think about the choices he has made,  the pain it has caused and go from there in order to protect yourself in more way than one.

@SahmIam, I hear you, however,  I think it's best we give everyone the benefit of the doubt.  How do we as posters, determine what's "fake" and not?  If there is a way, I'd like to learn.  Post count, notwithstanding, you never know when guidance can help someone other than the poster.  Why not give the benefit of the doubt?  Anyway, that's just my thinking on it.  There is no short supply of encouragement.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

Jails are safe? 

Um, no.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis  I hear you. 

For me, I posted that after 2 other posts in different forums were found to be fake (there have been plenty more but these 2 occured just before I read the OP;s) and you do get jaded after awhile (as others in the thread have shown). 

She did receive what she was looking for and I'm sure it helped her.