Honored Contributor

Moving To Florida-🌅

[ Edited ]

Shared few weeks ago my excitement seeing Granddaughter. Update, Son DDL sat me down shared how much they miss me and want me more involved. Experience words shall never convey my joy hugging and reaction from all parties. Granddaughter brought me to her cheer class, mini version of cheerleading lol. Omy cutest!! As you can imagine.💁

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  Sounds absolutely wonderful!!  Enjoy it!

Occasional Contributor

I live in FL be prepared for the heat come prepared best of luck in the move !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Moving To Florida-🌅

[ Edited ]

@nfifer wrote:

I live in FL be prepared for the heat come prepared best of luck in the move !!!!!!

Familiar with the heat. Grandparents lived in Bal Harbor, Spent many of summers visiting. Plan using my Air conditioning like most Floridians. Living close to the beach shall enjoy early and often. Excited being involved with my GC Son & DDL. Life precious and time short. Memories of GP to this day give me warm fuzzy feeling. Family is everything to me. Where I'm moving large Jewish community of seniors. Need to get out more and mingle be part of. Looking forward to volunteering. Appreciate your warm welcome.
Esteemed Contributor

Very nice!  It’s so sweet that your family wants you nearby.  It sounds ideal.   I love Florida.  My great grandparents, grandparents and mother all eventually moved there so I spent a lot of time there.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

My granddaughter skyped me one day and said she and her husband were making plans to move me to California to be with them.  I said "Whoa, this grandma isn't going anywhere!"  I could see what was really happening - they needed a babysitter for their kids because at the time she was going to school and he was working.  She didn't like her husband's mom taking care of the kids and had expressed that to me many times.

Honored Contributor

Sweet Serenity, wishing you a great new life with your close family in Florida, and finding new friendships and fun with other like-minded adults.  The greater opportunities for mingling are a real bonus!

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy for you and your grandaughter too.  Now that I have two grandbabies I cannot imagine not being close to them.  I think family is everything and grandparents have role in families.  I don't know if it takes a villlage to raise kids today but I do think it takes a family. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Are you going to move??? I am so happy for you!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your family,

Related image