Honored Contributor

Welcome dear friends and new visitors to the Bird's Nest.

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

May I be the first to wish your May thread much success.  It is nice here.  The birds are chriping and it has stopped raining.  I'm making a pot of homemads chicken and noodles.  Yum!  Have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Such a cute poem!  

I've been checking the DC eagle nest cam every day and the eaglets are 6 weeks old already.  It's been amazing to watch the eaglets grow. Today it is raining in DC and they are trying so hard to take cover under their momma but they are almost as big as she is now!  She is very patient though while they push and shove trying to get under even though there is no way they will get under her!

Honored Contributor

Hello Birding friends! Just wanted to stop by and say hello......and happy May!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama That is beautiful.  The birds here are in full force.  Today I've had Hummingbirds, Robins, Wrens, Finches, Woodpeckers and Sparrows.  What a horrible world it would be without birds.  

Honored Contributor

Re: May 2016 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Since the weekend started at the end of the month and ended at the beginning of another month, we get a bird of the day for Sunday :-)

The Pied Wagtail

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@Bird mama  What a lovely poem!  As of late last week, we have a robin nest w/4 eggs right in a bush right at the top our back steps.

mama robin & I spent the past few days scaring the wits out of each other every time I want to go out, even w/me trying to quietly creep by her.

the front stairs aren't an option right now as there are a lot of them & my knee is just killing me.

so I'm finding I limit when I go out when she's there & hope for a quick hatching season for her.  🐣

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Trusted Contributor

Happy Sunday !

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Serenity:

Thanks, Bernie, for the new perch for May.   Thank you also for the reminder. 

Today Kitty Catbird was singing the most beautiful songs, in the Yew by the bird feeders.   I couldn't see her at first due to the sun shining into the bush and 'blinding' me,  so I kind of called her name, and she came hopping onto another branch, and I saw that it was her.   She had been sounding like Puff the Mockingbird, but in a lighter and sweeter way.  Not knocking Puffs melodies, they're beautiful.

It's chilly here and the yard is so saturated.   We had over 3 inches of rain on Saturday and early today.  It was sunny this afternoon but I'm wearing a sweatshirt, wore a fancy one to Mass this morning.  

Have a nice start to the first week of May.  Wow,  where'd April go???