Respected Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Spring's on it's way at the Back Fence

A bit of sun out here in Sou Cal - not any too warm however. Have a load of clothes in the washer - done MY WAY. LOL. Will have Shannon put them in the dryer - then another load done.

Kids and all still sleeping - I am awake at 4 in the morning - had a hard time sleeping last night - everyone seemed to be very tense - even the little bitty ones. Must be difficult on one and all.

Need to put my feet up and read the paper - have a great day one and all. Betty hope you get some warm weather.

Honored Contributor

The weather started off kind of nice - warmer.  I think the dampness for the rain is what ruined it - felt bone chilling cold when the lawnmower guy came by to drop off my mower after maintaining it.  He actually had it tuned up but then we got snow and he couldn't power wash the crud off of it so the delivery was delayed.

He called me on Tuesday and said he could drop it off at the end of his workday today at 3pm.  I made sure I ran my errands early so I could be home.  I waited and waited and called his number around 3:45 and said dude, are you dropping off the mower?

I think he forgot about me, lol.  He swung by, I paid him cash and now the mower is ready for use.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Told Shannon I was going to go to church this morning - been a long time. She said "Would you like me to go with you?" I was floored and very excited - of course I said yes. Who knows, she has not been to church in many many years - am excited she would even suggest it. I usually help out like put out food, and a few other things and will not be able to do much but am going to listen to Pastor Don. What a marvelous story teller he is.

Have a great day everyone

Glad you got your mower back Bernie. Now you can get to work. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   Aww Freddie, I hope the Shannon enjoys the message at Church today.  

Trusted Contributor

I think I posted on the birds nest instead of the back fence.  Oh well you already know I can be goofy.  I gave a hair cut at 9 am in the morning. No sneaking back to bed after Merle leaves.  Then everyone at nail salon at 4:30.  Since I got mine earlier I want to stop by my shoe store on my way home from hair cut.  I'd like to stop by Costco and pick up a package of rotisserie chicken to give to erica. Joe's family has all been sick and maybe she'll make them some chicken noodle soup.   

Its down to crunch time and I must unpack what I don't really need to take so I can close my suitcase. Thank goodness Merle does his own packing.  

Honored Contributor

@yock  Have fun at the hair salon and nail salon.  I love shoe shopping and hope you find a nice pair or two for yourself.  It's sweet of you to pick up a chicken for the family.  When everyone is under the weather, I'm sure it helps to have some of the cooking taken care. 

Personally I use my kitchen mostly to get from one room to the other, rofl.

Honored Contributor

What a difference the sunshine makes.  It's a gloriously sunny day and I think we will hit the 50's temperature wise.

If you haven't departed yet, have a great vacation Betty @yock

Respected Contributor

Betty, my sis and BIL are leaving Florida this coming Monday to return to Michigan. They have been there since Christmas - poor babies - LOL - they go each year. Still wish you all could meet up - they are nuts and would fit right in with you and Merle. Wheeee!!! Got all your shopping done??

Did not have a good afternoon yesterday - I think I overdid it - family here has been pretty darn good but are slipping again. Got up this morning and spent 30 minutes in the kitchen cleaning up stuff, food everywhere - again - and dirty dishes. Stupid me as I should have checked outside as I looked after I started my dishwasher and several out there. Just do NOT understand not picking up behind oneself.

Have several things to do again today - driving me insane.

Have a good day one and all.

Honored Contributor

Well Freddie, I guess it's just you and me at the Fence while Betty is on vacation :-)

What a difference a day makes.  Yesterday it was sunny and I wore a spring coat to work.  This morning, there was sleet and I was back in my winter coat.  If your sis and BIL are coming back to MI, they could be disappointed in the squirrely weather :-)

Respected Contributor

Have a therapist coming this morning - I think. So many call to stop by and check on me, just cannot figure the whole thing out as I have to fight for things I NEED. LOL. Also the little girl's paternal grandparents are coming by to visit her and Ricky. Leah LOVES her Grandpa and will by-pass everyone to head over to him. so cute - does not matter how long it has been since they have seen each other. She adores him. Now to me, that is the way children and adults should behave. They are an awesome twosome.

Super winds out here and a lot of damage done. Wind still blowing but looking around it does not appear I have any damage - thank goodness. Hope when I do a more careful check in a while the result will be the same.

Hope one and all have a great day!!