Honored Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Spring's on it's way at the Back Fence

Hello all - I'm back to work and keeping outta trouble.  It's cold but at least the sun is shining.  My cold is still with me.  No worse and no better :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Bernie for keeping the gate open.  I think we have similar weather.  We have about two inches on the ground and the sun is shining. It is very cold tho.  

Surgery went fine. They called and asked if we could come an hour early which was east for us.  I was just getting out of my anti bacterial sower.  What good does that do. As soon as you put clothes on, you're contaminated.   

Pre op was stressful as they tried to find my vein. After fasting since 7 am I was probably dehydrated. Finally I said go find me someone whi can insert that needle and they did.  Arm looks like I lost the fight. 

Im just snoozing today and channel hopping.  I can't lift for a while so I will remote control Merle.  Come to think of it, I bet that's why he has to make a call in Valpo.  Lol

Glad you were able to enjoy the long weekend, Bernie.  Love the scarf.   

Honored Contributor

@yock  I'm so glad the procedure went well. 

I can totally relate to losing the fight with a needle, be it a regular blood draw or IV.

My next blood draw with be in April when I see my endocrinologist for the annual thryoid appointment.  I drink water like a fish as it is.  I will be up at the crack of dawn and will drink a 3 liter pitcher of water by the time I hit the door. 

The nurse will tell me, like she always does - girl you are dehydrated.  I don't know how that is possible.  We found that it we go for the wrist area, they can sneak up on a vein in that area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@yock  I'm so glad the procedure went well. 

I can totally relate to losing the fight with a needle, be it a regular blood draw or IV.

My next blood draw with be in April when I see my endocrinologist for the annual thryoid appointment.  I drink water like a fish as it is.  I will be up at the crack of dawn and will drink a 3 liter pitcher of water by the time I hit the door. 

The nurse will tell me, like she always does - girl you are dehydrated.  I don't know how that is possible.  We found that it we go for the wrist area, they can sneak up on a vein in that area.

@Bird mama  I think too much water can be dehydrating.   How do you make it to work without having to "see a man about a horse," lol, I would never make it after drinking a ton of water.  When I go out, I have my tea early, then nothing until I get home, then drink a lot of water.

Trusted Contributor

just had a note from Freddie. She had the  PET scan today but won't know the results til next Wednesday when she sees her pulmonary Doctor.  

She said she takes two steps and can't breathe.  She didn't say where the little ones are and I'd bet she drove herself to Drs office.  

She said she just wasn't up to posting  every day and said I had her permission to say how miserable she feels.  

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it was bitterly cold at my back fence today.  Hmm, had to be below zero when I got up at the crack of dawn.  The sun is shining though, so that's a good thing.

@Winifred

Sending you good wishes

Doggie Howser M.D.™

Honored Contributor

Hello, to anyone out there, ha ha ha.

Just kidding

I don't have too much to report other than it's still cold, still sunny and they are keeping me busy at work. 

I ordered a Joan Rivers necklace (from the private collection) on Monday night.  It's still in process - hmm, you'd think I'd be at the front of the line since they didn't present it on TV until late Tuesday afternoon ;-)

Trusted Contributor

Not much traffic at the BF    Irs cold here too.   I finally talked my doc out of the torporol.   I gained ten pounds In Two weeks.   My pulse rate has been way below a 100 so I couldn't figure out why he was keeping me on it.   I told him I think it was a funky EKG and I think he thought so too

just heard they fired Tom Crean, IU basketball coach.  He is such a nice guy and he had a round of bad luck with injuries. But you gotta win even if there were no academic violations.   I hope he gets a good position. The fans here want Steve Alford to come but it's hard to go home again. He's a nice guy too.  Merle will be all wound up when he comes back home.  

Thats been my day trying to straighten out the medical and athletic world

hope you are resting, Freddie.  

Respected Contributor

After having a temper tantrum, am getting in to my pulmonary MDs office this afternoon - what a nightmare this entire thing has been. Hopefully will have some relief and just as important info as to what is wrong with me. Can only pray it is not anything which cannot be fixed. LOL.

Am impressed I was able to get here - have a good day one and all.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

After having a temper tantrum, am getting in to my pulmonary MDs office this afternoon - what a nightmare this entire thing has been. Hopefully will have some relief and just as important info as to what is wrong with me. Can only pray it is not anything which cannot be fixed. LOL.

Am impressed I was able to get here - have a good day one and all.

@Winifred  Wishing you the best results from the scan.Smiley Happy