Honored Contributor

March 2017 - Spring's on it's way at the Back Fence

Welcome to the Back Fence for March 2017.  Soon we will be on daylight savings time and the spring season will be starting.  For many of us, this winter has felt like spring on more than one occasion, lol. 

Image result for springtime outdoor wooden fence

Come on by, bring a dish or snack, and let's visit.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Spring's on it's way at the Back Fence

Welcome March,

Image result for welcome march images

Honored Contributor

I'll start with some waffles and fruit. 

Betty, there are also some sliced bananas on the table in the event you can tolerate the little seeds in those better than strawberry, raspberry or blueberry.  Syrup and whipped cream is on the table too. 

Coffee and tea available.

Related image
Honored Contributor

It is 70 degrees here and the snow is gone. The yard looks horrible, but this morning I spied clumps of snowdrops in the backyard, so I'm hopeful. 🌷💐🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1  I'm in Michigan.  We had thunder and lightening and rain all night.  Another storm forecasted for today, and could get an inch of snow by nightfall.  Odd weather to be sure.  My silver maple is budding as are some of my shrubs.  Parts of the grass look green, I mean Ireland green :-)

Trusted Contributor

Hi Bernie and all, I'm in SoCal, and we had a mild winter and plenty of rain.  It didn't kill back the lantana and bougainfvllea.  I usually have a big pruning job to do at this time of year.  Ever prune back bougainvilliea?  They are covered with wicked long thorns and the branches act like whips, so you have to arm yourself with boots and gauntlet-style leather gloves.  And you still get covered with scratches!

Anyway, everything is starting to leaf out, we have lantana, cape honeysucklel, rosemary, and daffodils blooming.  Nothing like looking out my kitchen window to see sunny daffodils!  And our goats have lots of pasture to eat for the time being, so they're happy too.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Bernie for the new March Back Fence and for the waffles. I'll take the banans.   I'm one of those people who don't care for strawberries.  

Im pooped today.  I'm in Indiana and I guess you can say we are in the beginning of tornado season.  Last night we had very heavy rain and thunderstorms.  At 3 am the sirens started.   It's bad enough to hear them in daylight but they are really eerie at night when you can't see anything.  I grabbed my kindle, phone and iPad and headed for the bathroom. Finally got Merle awake but he was not interested in getting out of bed.   Ok, I said, being a compassionate woman, if you get blown out of there I'm not going hunting for you.  He just rolled over 

Its so nice to see some new faces at the Fence.  Welcome. Come often.  We're kinda looney sometimes (me) but life's too short not to have some fun.  

Respected Contributor

We've had a fairly mild winter here in mid-Michigan.

But just when you're thinking it's almost spring, snow covers everything.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning everyone - thanks for getting us started Bernie. I was just way too whatever to even think about it. Also to be perfectly truthful it was NOT registering that it was the first of the month. Sure wish I could feel good again quickly. Darn it anyway.

I too live in Sou Cal and am very familiar with those thorny bougainvilleas - it will rip  you to shreds/.

Winds very gusty yesterday - and also bone chilling.

Welcome to one and all - please come on back and visit whenever possible. When this thread started - eons ago - we had so many stopping by. As I have said before, so many we have lost but some are still around but I think they zipped to FB - how dare they. Let us know what is going on in your life.

Have a great day one and all. Do have a load of clothes in the washer - yeah!!! Progress!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I received a pair of sandals that I had ordered from HSN.  I feel like I jinxed the weather because no sooner did I buy sandals, we had a wind advisory and snow, lol.

Since it's cold by my area of the fence, I'm leaving some donut holes and hot chocolate.

Image result for donut holes assortment