Respected Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Lucky Spring at the Bird's Nest

Hi birders,

Haven't been here is a while and am sorry for all the posts.  I was trying to catch up.

We went to the grocery store and ran into the people that bought our former house and they told us that our neighbor and very close friend when we lived there had passed away.  DH and I were in shock and still are.  At the time that he passed his wife was in the hospital having heart surgery.....3 valve replacements.  We tried over the years to keep in touch and had been intending on going to visit them but never made it. DH spoke with him on the phone about 2 months ago and he mentioned that he was having a lot of trouble with his back.  Never mentioned that he had a severe form of COPD.  His wife is still in the hospital and due to come home soon.  Both DH and I have colds and so we did not want her to catch it so we phoned their son and expressed our condolences and explained that we would visit her once our colds are gone.  The four of us were very close friends and we even vacationed together.  He is greatly missed. 

We had snow and freezing rain today and more on the way for Sunday.  Tomorrow is to be cloudy and possibly rain.   Rain on and off next week.

I was looking out the window today and saw 9 deer and this is a first..... they all started to walk on the thin ice on our pond.  I was frantic because the pond is not completely frozen.  DH opened the door and scared them all off....thank goodness they all made it without falling through the thin ice. 

We have 35 turkeys visiting us too.  One comes alone and has a deformed foot. It limps but makes it all over the field.  When I see it coming from afar I put food out under the bird feeders for it. 

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Saturday Blessings saturday saturday quotes saturday blessings saturday images:

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Winifred It was nice seeing your post. Glad you are feeling at least some better. Take it slow and easy!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@possummink  So sweet. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The day started off feeling kind of warm.  It's funny that the temps didn't really drop but the dampness from the on and off again rain, made it seem so cold to me.  Then again.... it doesn't take much for me to get cold.

The lawnmower guy dropped off my mower - it's been maintained/tune up and is ready for action, rofl.  I just need to buy some fresh gas when the time comes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor