Honored Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Lucky Spring at the Bird's Nest

Hello and TGIF everyone.  Today begins my long weekend (have Monday off too) and I am on Zicam therapy, lol.  My throat was kind of sore when I awoke the past couple of mornings and I assumed I had slept with my mouth open and I was dried out.  I think I'm catching cold as the runny nose and sneezing has started.

I went to JCP to return a couple of pair of pants and checked out some items I like in tall (online).  Sometimes you just have to see the material a garment is made out of.  JCP shoppers are so friendly - I helped a lady find some bags and blouses that would coordinate with a spring coat she has.  She's going to Florida soon and wants to be coordinated.

Hit the recycling center and am waiting for the guy from the lawnmower/snow blower repair business to swing by and pick up my mower for annual maintenance.

My other guy closed down and I found out the hard way when I saw another business there :-)  This new place is highly rated so we'll see how it goes. 

That's my exciting life, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wedding day coming soon. Get well quick.:

Bernie,  I hope your Zicam therapy knocks that cold or whatever before you come down with a full blown cold.   Been fighting off congestion, thank goodness for Claritin D.   It relieved the pressure that has given me a "Christmasy Eye",  green iris surrounded by beet red sclera.  I woke up a couple days ago and it looked like someone punched me in the eye.   I'm thinking the pressure and slight headache I had caused a blood vessel to rupture.    

Take care and enjoy your long weekend.   Loved those when I taught!! Heart

Honored Contributor

BIRD NESTING 101: Female robins incubate the eggs, but both parents care for the young.:

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama

Hoping the Zicam is working for you and that you do not get any worse. 

We had up to 50 mph gusts and high winds 2 days ago and lost some shingles on the roof so had someone come over to repair them before the snow that we had today made the roof leak.  We did not lose the power.

Today it flurried on and off most of the day but we only got a dusting of snow.  They are predicting a possible Nor'easter this Tues. into Wed. so will be keeping an eye on the weather reports to see what will be happening. 

We are expecting temperatures on the weekend in the single digits and with the wind chill factor it will be in the minus's. 

All the turkey's and deer are back and some of the birds are back after the hawk got one.  The day we had the gusty winds the bird feeders flew into the woods and thank goodness none were broken.

@birdmama have a great 3 day weekend!!!

@possummink

I hope that loosing the large tree branch did not so any damage to your house.

@mousiegirl

How are you doing?  Are all your Christmas decorations put away? 

@Winifred

I hope that you are feeling better!

@Puddles

Love the pics that you post!

Waving hi to all the birders and hoping that you have a great weekend!!!

EDITED to say that I think I mentioned that the young mostly white deer had not been around and it appeared yesterday and today.  I am currently reading a book written by a woman that lives a few towns from here that is all about deer and I am learning a lot about them.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Puddles  I love it when birds stretch their legs and do their bird yoga.  

@Bird mama When I saw that picture, the first thing I thought was smart bird, knows yoga.Smiley LOL

Sorry you aren't well. Hope you are back to your fiesty self soon.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs Stay safe and warm in that weather.

Image result for birds in snow gifs

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it remains pretty cold here.  I've refreshed the squirrel's water a couple of times as it freezes solid and I'm afraid their tongues will get stuck to the ice when they try to lick it.

I'm still doing the Zicam thing and I think it's working.  I had to go grocery shopping today - it had been 2 weeks and now I am home, snug as a bug in a rug.

Speaking of bugs I bought a package of ant baits.  My exhaust fan is not exactly like this however it's close.

Model 682NT Duct-Free Ventilation Fan w/ Plastic Grille Product Image

See how there is a cover on it?  There is a nice sized gap between the fan assembly and the cover that one sees when one looks up.  I put two ant baits in the gap.

I then put one on the vanity.  I have a jack and jill sink and tend to favor one sink over the other so the ant bait is on the less favored side, lol.

I also put one on the floor under the toilet tank even though I haven't seen any ant on the floor.

Having to kill ants or mice gives my conscience serious pangs of guilt.  I feel there should be mercy in any death so I am really hoping that when the ants eat what it is the bait - they go quick.  I hope they don't suffer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all - it remains pretty cold here.  I've refreshed the squirrel's water a couple of times as it freezes solid and I'm afraid their tongues will get stuck to the ice when they try to lick it.

I'm still doing the Zicam thing and I think it's working.  I had to go grocery shopping today - it had been 2 weeks and now I am home, snug as a bug in a rug.

Speaking of bugs I bought a package of ant baits.  My exhaust fan is not exactly like this however it's close.

See how there is a cover on it?  There is a nice sized gap between the fan assembly and the cover that one sees when one looks up.  I put two ant baits in the gap.

I then put one on the vanity.  I have a jack and jill sink and tend to favor one sink over the other so the ant bait is on the less favored side, lol.

I also put one on the floor under the toilet tank even though I haven't seen any ant on the floor.

Having to kill ants or mice gives my conscience serious pangs of guilt.  I feel there should be mercy in any death so I am really hoping that when the ants eat what it is the bait - they go quick.  I hope they don't suffer.

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama  guilt here also, and speaking of ants, I pulled a few weeds from a potted rose, and millions of ants appeared, so are living in that pot.

Due to a glitch between Q and Chrome, I havn't been able to post or leave hearts this week in among Friends, but am using another browser today just so I can post here, hate it, so won't be using it much, I prefer chrome.

Honored Contributor

Pileated Woodpeckers by Jeremy Lemmons: