Honored Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Lucky Spring at the Bird's Nest

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Trusted Contributor

That's a high kick, Bernie.    Sorry I couldn't resist.   

Honored Contributor

Adams Flea and Tick Mist Spray for Cats

Bernie and Mousie,   I have ants show up a couple of times a year and the above product is what I use to get rid of them,  It kills them and I spray it around the window openings and near the sink, under the counter overhangs and anyplace I think they might be getting in.   Same with the big black ants that show up in the one bathroom now and then.  Since Mattie is an inside cat, she doesn't get fleas unless my brother might get some on his Levis when working in the yard,  Gift of the squirrels.

I have used Adams for years and years.  It works for me, not sure how it would do for others, but just a suggestion.   They have lots of products on line, which I didn't realize till just now when I Googled Adams Flea ~~.   My cats and dogs have been sprayed with it, no ill effects.  I only buy it now for Ant control.  The labels say it kills ticks, fleas, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@possummink

ooh, remember when I went to war with that pigeon fly on Grayson?  I think I have some of that spray left.  I might apply some with a cotton ball - around the exhaust thing in the bathroom.  Don't wanna spray that over my head, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

🎶Good morning to you! Good morning to you!🎶

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

We had 50-70 MPH winds all day yesterday.  It took me almost 2 hours to get home from work.  I was very lucky - all my trees were standing, all of my shingles were in place and the power was still on.

I'm used to seeing some form of wildlife in the yard.  There was nothing - not a bird to be seen during the commute home or in the yard.  It was eerie.

Honored Contributor

6ae125cc356a35654.gif (580×437)

Bernie,  I saw the news that said the winds were so strong that tractor trailers were being blown over as they were moving down the highways.  Weird to watch, the rigs just fall over on their sides, of course you can't see the wind that's blowing them over,  almost like an invisible hand just shoves them on their sides.  What a mess to clean up too.

My brother said that the one tall limb in my Sweet Gum tree is now gone.  I'm going to ask him to have our other younger brother to check the roof as the winds were bad at home, but not as bad as the tornadoes that were about 30 miles west of us.   I'm about ready for Autumn.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Lucy:

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, outdoor and water

Happy Friday!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Puddles  I love it when birds stretch their legs and do their bird yoga.