Respected Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Lucky Spring at the Bird's Nest

Have not had good luck with my kitties - for shame. first one I "found" out here was a Calico., Sweet thing but a neighbor man did not like cats and he use to use a slingshot to hit cats with - he hit man and shattered it spine and hip - never let him forget that and I will say he never did it again!! Had a yellow cat Goldie -= she lasted almost 20 years however. Then another Calico which my SIL could not longer keep - I took her in and she got into poison next door - give me a break!! Then my precious big independent macho  "Stripes"- he got FIV about a year or so ago - so much for him. He was the biggest cat you would ever want to see and still so very young. Just not fair.. Miss Blackie arrived here via Tessa a good 12 plus years ago. Stripes came from the people who use to live behind me - their little boy was throwing it - a kitten - and the cat moved here. I went and told them they had two choices, take care of the cat or he was mine - was told they could not afford shots, food, etc. Well he became mine but never would   become tied down. LOL. Miss him

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Pictures Of The Day – 55 Pics:

No clue how this happened or how it was resolved.   I do know that pelicans are fish eaters, not bird eaters.    

Bernie,  Looks like a relative of Graysons, I think!! Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

X:

Honored Contributor

Absolutely adorable!!!! Love!!!! ❤❤❤❤kitties!!:

Winifred,   Sounds as if Miss Blackie is really the queen in your home.  I really do miss your posts about Stripes.   I never knew him other than through you but that big independent feline made a place for himself in my heart as if I had known him.   He was a cat's cat.  I didn't realize he'd been abused before you got him.  Thank goodness he was your cat though because though he didn't live to a ripe old age, he lived as he wanted and was loved and knew it.   I know you miss him a lot, just thought you'd like to know you have company in missing him.  

Give Miss Blackie a gentle hug and pet for me.  You do know that 'BLACK CATS ROCK AND RULE' Cat Very Happy   My mantra about cats!, but I love em all. Heart

Honored Contributor

Cape Sugarbird: Cape Sugarbird on Proteas.   Love those flowers. Heart

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Anne Cotterill:

Mousie,   I know you love Sweet Peas, just found this and made me wonder if you are going to plant seeds for Sweet Peas this year??  They are so pretty, but so different from the Sweet Peas I grew up with in the country.  They were all pink and not really like crepe paper.  

@possummink  I planted them about a month ago.  I should have done it in the Fall, but the rain came so early that I just didn't get to it.  There were days in between when I could have planted, but didn't.  There are a few that reseeded so they are long now.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

:

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh