Honored Contributor

March 14 and Winter is Here!

In my area of Chicagoland, we have about 5 or 6 inches now and may have more lake effect snow this afternoon.  This is our 2nd snowfall since winter started.  On Friday, we will be near 50 degrees.  I really feel sorry for the east coast.  I heard on the news that NYC could get 17 inches.  What's it like in your area and please mention where you live.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: March 14 and Winter is Here!

Southern Indiana...right on the Ohio River halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville Kentucky. 30 degrees with sunshine and wind right now. Freeze warnings through Thursday. My little weeping cherry tree was flowering out.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The blizzard warning was cancelled!! So far we got about 3 slushy inches & it's raining..I guess you can say that we dodged a bullet !!

Bring on Spring!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Northern suburb of NYC....blizzard conditions at the moment (10:36am). Heavy snow and high winds. They are forecasting 18-30 inches. Not happy!

Regular Contributor

Here in western PA (half way between Erie and Pittsburgh) we have 3-4 inches right now but forecasters say we could get at least that much more my Wed a.m.  The wind picked up but not any where near what it was like last week.  So many times this area has lucked out--even with the dreaded lake effect. We have been very lucky over the years. My daffodils are hanging there little heads and I think my crocuses have croaked!  Keeping an eye on my magnolia--the buds are getting pretty big.  Wouldn't want to be on the East coast!  Be safe you guys!! 

Trusted Contributor

SOuthern Ct here,about 50 miles from NYC.  SNow coming down pretty hard several inches on grown,we go between heavy snow then sleet..I am on the coast so not as much as inland...All the state highways are closed and if you are dumb enough to go out on them you will get fined.     can't complain though we had a pretty mild winter but every one thought spring was here!!     Stay safe everyone!!!

Respected Contributor

NE Ohio (near Lake Erie) reporting.  It started snowing last evening and hadn't slowed down yet.  When I left home this morning I had about 4 inches and the main roads were snow covered and a mess.  When I got to work (college) the parking lots weren't cleared and the sidewalks were invisible.  Much blowing and drifting.

It this point, I'd say we're up to about 6 inches and it's supposed to continue (Lake effect, now) through tomorrow.  If so, I may not even attempt to get here.  We are on spring break, but still open.  When there are no classes in session, they don't care about the employees.  They only worry about the students, so they won't close, even if you can't even get into the building.  All the local schools are closed today and probably tomorrow.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

It's going to be 90 here in Phoenix.

Honored Contributor

@NigelSparkles,  I cannot imagine 30 in. of snow.  Stay safe and warm.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in southern WV, and woke up to maybe 2" of snow cover.  We remain under a winter weather advisory until 2 a.m. tomorrow, and continue to see light flurries, but roads are clear.  Drivers are being cautioned about black ice.  It is currently 28 degrees, but the temperature is to drop to 10 degrees overnight.   My husband built a fire in our basement woodstove to have extra heat in the house tonight.