Honored Contributor

Re: Mama Mancini's Meatballs

Too many meatballs have too much salt in them!   Read those labels!!!   

I love the fully cooked small meatballs I purchase from a restaurant supplier ....  they are half chicken and half beef and have a mild taste which goes well with any kind of sauce or thrown into a homemade vegetable soup.    

Esteemed Contributor

After many years of cooking for my large family, I have now decided that I am going to make it as easy as I can on myself.  My kids (all five boys) are gone and married and it's just hubby and myself.  I do as little as possible.  I found what I consider the best frozen meatballs so far.  They are "Cooked Perfect Italian Style".  You can see the herbs and spices in the meatballs and they are really tasty.  They also have "Original" but they have no taste at all.  Get the Italian Style and you'll never go back.......

Regular Contributor

Thank You everyone for your feed back. I wondered why there are no reviews since qvc has been selling them for some time. I will stick to my home made meatballs.

Trusted Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Never tried them; have seen them at regular supermarket.

Tried Trader Joe's frozen meatballs ( nice small size ) while snowbirding.  Used my own sauce.  Meatballs were very good...but not as good as homemade, of course !

Are you referring to the TJ's Party Meatballs ? - they are great in a pinch.  If you have drop in friends or family you can do a spaghetti and meatball dinner in a pinch.  

I also get the Turkey Meatballs too.

I am sure you can prepare and bake your own meatballs and freeze them - for convience of course !  I have never tried this but maybe someone on here has and can offer their expertise.

Respected Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

Tried Trader Joe's frozen meatballs ( nice small size ) while snowbirding.  Used my own sauce.  Meatballs were very good...but not as good as homemade, of course !

Are you referring to the TJ's Party Meatballs ? - they are great in a pinch.  If you have drop in friends or family you can do a spaghetti and meatball dinner in a pinch.  

I am sure you can prepare and bake your own meatballs and freeze them - for convience of course !  I have never tried this but maybe someone on here has and can offer their expertise.

@sktchy, not saying I have any expertise but when I make a big pot of spaghetti sauce w/meatballs, I usually make extra & freeze, (food saver) it makes the next time easier & faster.  Btw they are browned before freezing, sometimes I also freeze some of the browned meat mix also, sure makes an easy meal.

Trusted Contributor

@spix wrote:

@sktchy wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

@sktchy, not saying I have any expertise but when I make a big pot of spaghetti sauce w/meatballs, I usually make extra & freeze, (food saver) it makes the next time easier & faster.  Btw they are browned before freezing, sometimes I also freeze some of the browned meat mix also, sure makes an easy meal.

Is it necessary to add sauce when freezing ?  

BTW  -   Thanks for weighing in.  We can easily go through 2 lbs of meat balls or two pounds ground beef and sausage sauce.  It is nice to have a fast and healthier alternative.  I wonder if deer meat and sausage meatballs would work - bake and freeze ?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rosebud 06  I cannot believe the Q has the (meat)balls to remove/delete all of bad reviews for this product.  Actually I can - they do this all the time so viewers like yourself can't make a wise decision on purchasing especially food items that are already way too pricey and with hidden fees too.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just two thoughts regarding meatballs:

1.) Perhaps I am in the minority camp but shouldn't turkey meatballs be priced cheaper than beef meatballs?

2.) I think someone said making meatballs is easy. Yes and No. Making meatballs might be easy but making a great meatball is not. There is a great deal of trial and error until you find the right combination but once you do you never forget!

Regular Contributor

I am so happy to see some negative reviews on food products that are sold on TV.  Personally, I have found that food is better when it is made at home.  I do realize the convenience of purchasing pre-made products and I have bought items myself.  From my perspective (and, it is ONLY MY perspective), I would rather make it myself if time permits.  That way, I can control the salt, sugar, etc. myself.  No need for negative comments, remember, I said it was from MY point of view.  I'm not so archaic that I do not appreciate pre-made products!Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Bought them locally. They were deadful. I won't waste my $ again.