Honored Contributor

july 10

hey guys,  all is quiet here. the grand girls are already chomping for more food, lunch time for them.

we did have a tornado drop down in delaware last night, it was closer to delaware memorial bridge, about a 25 minute drive northward from my house.

damage was done several people lost their homes and a huge warehouse was damaged.

have hair cuts for the grand girls this afternoon.

elegant, mowing by new person will begin next week thrusday.  I don't think the lawn guy actually cut yesterday. the yard and my neighbors yard looks awful almost like nothing was cut. i had shades drawn,(we had a lot of sun in morning)  so i didn't check doug's mowing.   I sure hope this John is a better mower, I really don't want to begin mowing again.

ok guys, the girls are pacing, had better get lunch going. later guys.

Honored Contributor

@viva... enjoy your outing today with the GDs!  I'm like you because I don't want to be out there mowing again!  Couldn't take it!

I heard that there was damage in that area of the country... hope everyone is safe today!

@elegantprofile  we need to make pedi appointments right away... I know I do, but it has been a long time.  Doesn't it seem odd that your temp may reach 100?  We have had an overcast summer so far!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
@Nana of 5
I wanted you to know that I am glad you got your hair done and I hope your meds are working. I will be thinking of you!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Elegantprofile--No need to thank me, if we don't take care of ourselves, who will?  I feel like my pedicures are mandatory, considering my job and if I had the time and more money, I'd get one every week!  How old is the budding artist?  I remember my children drawing with chalk in our driveway, thank you for bringing back a very nice memory!

Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach--I just love your cheerleader smilies! I have to figure that one out!  I so wish I had that relationship with my DD, we don't spend much time together.  She's been living here since she graduated in 2012 and just got her masters in special education and I think she tries to keep her distance, since she's living at home.  It's not like we don't get along, we don't fight or anything like that but I admit we don't spend a lot of time together but when we do we do enjoy each other's company.  Maybe when she moves out, we will.  She has to do her student teaching this fall, then she can begin to look for a teaching job. 

Honored Contributor

Amazing

Thanks,  Hayfield,  We had a lot of shopping today and probably tomorrow.  Not sure of the agenda yet.   Pedicures were mentioned by DD and DDIL,  I've never had a one done by a professional.  Have always worried about hygiene at those places.   I am sure most are safe, but how does one know??

Hope you have a lovely weekend, and stay cool.  It was kind of cool at home, but not here in Florida.   Heading to the beach on Monday and the kids can't wait.  

Honored Contributor

Re: MUCH ADO ABOUT SUMMER!

[ Edited ]

Adorable cottage.

Honored Contributor

thatched roof houses in england - Google Search

Honored Contributor

english-bulldog-8

Honored Contributor

Ꭵn ʈhe ɠarden . . .