Esteemed Contributor

MY hostility is caused by his apparent willingness to trade on his reputation as a solid, hard hitting journalist who inspired trust for the dollars he now earns schilling products of dubious value to people who may very well be purchasing these products because they know and trust his reputation.   Can  you say "Loss of moral integrity"?   Larry King was a excellent interviewer who conducted many insightful interviews with well known world leaders, political figures and leaders of business and industry.  He was trusted because his approach was fair and balanced.  TO take the trust he earned and use it as a marketing tool to sell products to people who trust him is unconscionable in my opinion.

As far as the 8 marriages go I would have much,preferred that he lived with some of these woman rather than have bothered with such silly things as "vows".  MArching up and down the aisle 8 times certainly does not show a commitment to the concept of marriage

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz

youresofunny.gif

I almost spit my coffee onto my keyboard.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Whatever company King is vending for would not hire him if it didn't suspect he still has followers.

As for "enough money" -  we don't have the slightest idea what motivates him at this point.  Lots of retirees work just to expand their lives, to get out among people not in their daily surroundings, because they are bored, etc.

Of course, if I don't like what's being sold, I don't much care whether I like the vendor or not.  There are many vendors on QVC I'd never buy from -  I don't like what they selling.  Product over personality, for sure.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Whatever company King is vending for would not hire him if it didn't suspect he still has followers.

As for "enough money" -  we don't have the slightest idea what motivates him at this point.  Lots of retirees work just to expand their lives, to get out among people not in their daily surroundings, because they are bored, etc.

Of course, if I don't like what's being sold, I don't much care whether I like the vendor or not.  There are many vendors on QVC I'd never buy from -  I don't like what they selling.  Product over personality, for sure.

@millieshops

ITA ......  LOTS of people in the public eye are approached by companies seeking a spokesperson.  So what?    They can always turn them down, and many do.  It depends on many things ... the product, the company, the offer ....   etc.    That "enough money" comment is just ridiculous.

Larry King is a RETIRED journalist.   People should know that by now.   As far as I know, there is no law stating people can have only one career in their lifetime.    

While I'm sure he brings some credibility to the table, it still boils down to this:   Even if you like the spokesperson,  if the product isn't for you,  DON'T BUY IT.     duh!

Honored Contributor

He has been on  TV  on some cheesy infomercial selling omega 3 fish oil that is way over priced.  I had hoped  he would just ride off into the sunset once quiting CNN.....

Esteemed Contributor

I will not buy it from anyone.  I wil tune in just to see how he peddles the product.  I have respect for his career and his interviewing skill.  We could use more like him today.

Honored Contributor

Re: Larry King on QVC?

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

HE is 84 and still pitching stuff.  DOesn't he have enough money by now?  Must be having a hard time keeping up with all those alimony payments.  he has been married 8 times twice to the same woman.  He's disgusting.

A lot of people have been marriend multiple times.  Do you think they are all disgusting?  Or just Larry King?

Honored Contributor

I don't know who annoys me more Larry King or Regis Philbin,  but I can't stand to watch either.   They've been put out to pasture; somebody needs to lock the gate and keep them there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Larry King on QVC?

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep wrote:

@patbz

@pattypeep wrote:

@patbz

youresofunny.gif

@pattypeep You've posted this thing before and I didn't say anything but now that it has appeared again,  I must speak. It is extremely grammatically incorrect.   To use "your" shows possession.   Your are trying to say "you are" shortened to the contraction "you're".   It is unfortunately a very common mistake. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@patbz

youresofunny.gif

@two peas  You've posted this thing before and I didn't say anything but now that it has appeared again,  I must speak. It is extremely grammatically incorrect.   To use "your" shows possession.   Your are trying to say "you are" shortened to the contraction "you're".   It is unfortunately a very common mistake. 

@Kachina624

LOL .....  how did someone do that?   It should have been  "You're" so funny.     oi vey