Honored Contributor

Well, now that the 'construction' around here is over, it's time to shore up the new and improved Back Fence. 

We have some lawn chairs

Image result for lawn chairs

a picnic table

Image result for picnic table

and a small fridge/freezer

Image result for small fridge freezer

I draped some bunting along the fence

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Betty was the first poster for the month.  I copied her July post from the June thread.

Frequent Contributor
Yock

07-01-2015 06:50 AM
I get irritated with people who run their dogs while they are on bicycles. Last year this couple ran their very overweight dog. He lost lots of lbs. they did ride rather slowly but it still looked like he was running hard. haven't seen them this year but wonder if he is still with us.
Looks like we are in for one more beautiful day
Our Three Rivers Festival starts in another week. They had to cancel boat rides and the raft race because of the strong river currents and all the debri from the storm. Too bad as these were very popular money makers
We recently had three kayak riders try to navigate those waters they rescued two but lost one. They wore no life vests. Now where is that spoiler button
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie! 

I love your lawn chairs.  Are they vintage?? 

I agree l00% about people running their dogs while they are on bikes.  I don't care how fit the dog is, it is too much.  Dogs just want to please their people and will make a gallant effort to keep up....afterall, they trust their people  The people have no idea how hot the road is either.  Don't get me started on dogs riding in the back of pick ups or hanging half way out the window of a car!

Enough of that........enjoy your back yard fellow Michigander.  BRRRRRR it is cold today!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the Back Fence, tends2dogs.  I guess the lawn chairs are vintage (lol).  I had adirondack chairs by the fence but you know how that is.  One you sink into them, it can be hard to get out of them :-)

It's a little chilly at my part of the fence in SE Michigan but they say it's going to warm up a little.  I don't like stifling heat and humidity so mid 70's, 80 degrees and sun is my kind of summer.

Respected Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

How nice to see the Back Fence again!  Thanks birdmama for stating it up.  I love the chairs and the picnic table and it is so nice to have a fridge/freezer.  I brought along tea and brownies to enjoy while sitting at the back fence.  If anyone would like iced tea I left ice in the freezer and some lemon slices in the fridge.  It is cool today and raining here. 

I had an appointment to be measured for a lense for my cataract surgery but had to cancel because both DH and I have a slight fever with a bad cold.  Re-scheduled for the end of the month because I have no clue how long we are going to be sick. 

Betty.......I too get very irritated when seeing folks riding a bike and having their dog run along side of it.   To me that is cruel!  Sure do wish people would use common sense ith how they take care of and teat their dogs!

Have a great day everyone and hi to all the Back Fence people!!!

Honored Contributor

luvsbulldogs, most people do not have common sense these days it seems.  They carry drinks for themselves, while the dog is dying of thirst.

I hope your fever leaves soon, it is hot enough without a fever.

Honored Contributor

You know, it never crossed my mind to try to walk my dog while I was riding a bike.  There is a reason why Grace is not my middle name and I always thought it was an accident just waiting to happen :-)

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

luvsbulldogs, most people do not have common sense these days it seems.  They carry drinks for themselves, while the dog is dying of thirst.

I hope your fever leaves soon, it is hot enough without a fever.

mousiegirl.......you are so right!!! 

Thank you for the well wishes.  Yes, it is hot enough without a fever!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

You know, it never crossed my mind to try to walk my dog while I was riding a bike.  There is a reason why Grace is not my middle name and I always thought it was an accident just waiting to happen :-)

I totally agree!  I am not graceful either and something bad would happen if I tried that. 

Honored Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

When I was walking a German Shephard for a friend, years ago, a teenaged boy on a skateboard and a Huskey on a leash whizzed by, which certainly solved the issue of getting a dog like that enough exercise without the kid having to exert himself much, LOL.