Trusted Contributor

Re: January 2017 Back Fence - COME ON DOWN

The sun goes is shining here today. Supposed to get to 60 degrees.    Of course Monday and Thursday when i need to go across town, it is to snow and get cold.   

Bernie I am supposed to get my umbrella on Sunday.  Have no idea who delivers on Sunday.   Maybe I will get to try it out as a snow umbrella.   Probably dump snow down my back

still having to sign in with my email and password.  Wonder if I changed something in settings.  Maybe taking off auto correct messed it up.  We are going to go to grocery store. i need all paper products.  I will have to check it out when we get back.  

Trusted Contributor

I've really got myself messed up now. I can eventually get here but by the time I do, I forget how.  Sigh

Honored Contributor

Hello all, Sunday's bargain movie was Hidden Figures.  I highly recommend it.

"The incredible untold story of Katherine G. Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson - brilliant African-American women working at NASA, who served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation's confidence, turned around the Space Race, and galvanized the world. The visionary trio crossed all gender and race lines to inspire generations to dream big."

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Just popping in to say hi. It is so spring like today, my husband painted the ceiling and the woodwork in the bathroom. The rest is wallpaper, and it still looks like new

I might give your movie a try @Bird mama.  I would like to find something nice to see.  I don't like to come away from a film feeling sad. I like to be entertained ,or inspired, or happy.

I debated about seeing silence ,but , I know the Jesuits were tortured, so that put me off

Honored Contributor

@cherry

It's an inspiring movie.

Respected Contributor

Betty, you sure are having troubles getting here aren't you? Can you scream or something - would that help? LOL.  Did you have to sign in again when you  normally do not have to do that. Hope it gets better. My 'puter is so slow and draggy but I do not believe I will get another one. Too much $$ at this time in my  life. Gees   - would prefer buying food. Truthfully, I just cannot see spending a lot of $ on something at my age, like a computer. We shall see as I find it easy to change my mind.

Going to be another very wet day. Yesterday was horrible - water everywhere and a lot of flash floods. Supposedly today will be very wet as I said but then the experts also say we are heading for a couple weeks of NO RAIN. That is good - give the soil a chance to settle down and stabilize.

Am leaving some of those great bagels and cream cheese. Also butter for those liking butter on their bagels. Coffee? Leaving some of that here also. Stay warm and dry everyone!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I think I might have fixed my sign in. I'm not sure what I did, but it worked.  I always have to use my password and that's bad enough but it was making me sign in my email each time.  Then I couldn't put the icon for it where it was the most convenient for me.   This morning I tried again and it popped right up.  I had written to Q and got their canned answer but maybe they flipped a switch or something.     Thanks for the bagels and the butter.  

Had to go to oncology for a blood draw this morning in preparation for my appt on Thursday.  Then I had to go to Costco and get my hearing aids checked    I usually lose my car in their parking lot but today I got the first place and could see it from the door.  I somehow get turned around in the store. Today was my lucky day and I've got those two things done.  

I lugged my new umbrella around but it didn't start raining til I put my car In The garage.  Wouldn't you know it.  Maybe I should just pull my car out and practice getting in and out of the car with it.  I'm sure the neighbors already think I'm a bit odd.  It's turning cold here, more normal than the 60 degrees we had this weekend.  

Respected Contributor

I agree about the sign in - you can sign in to the Q and not use it for a few minutes then wham sign in again. They started that some years back which is soooooooooooooo dumb. Glad to see you are back in business Betty.

Freezing out here in what use to be known as sunny Sou Cal. I do mean C O L D !!!!!!

Have a good day one and all.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, just wanted to stop by to say hey :-)  Work was all consuming today and I brought it home with me.  I had a hot assignment that needed to be completed with short lead time.  I said I would have it done in two days and it's done.  Email was sent after 9 pm, whew!

Trusted Contributor

I actually got a peek at the sun twice today.  Had to make the trek to Gyn so the good Lord decided I needed something beautiful.  

We are to get snow this weekend. Not much but who knows.  Back to winter.  But maybe some of these germ bugs will freeze out.  

Bernie, glad you got your project finished.