Honored Contributor

I hope it's over for the weekend.  I'm afraid to look at the weather on tv....lol  I think they said something about more snow in the middle of the week.  It came down all day, light then heavy then light again.  Now it's so pretty outside.  The snow is light and puffy and it's covering everything and the sky is clear with a pinkish tint and sun is going down.  If I was coming home from work, I'm sure I wouldn't think it was quite so pretty.  A week ago I was in a spring frame of mind and the clothes and spring bedding I ordered arrived this morning....in the middle of a snow storm.  Fingers crossed, this is the last real snow of the season. 

Respected Contributor

Re: It just stopped snowing...

Oh no, you can keep it, I don't want it.

There are just some things that I'm so happy others can enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I was just outside planting Hellebores. I am ready for spring.  

Honored Contributor

I hoped for snow all winter.  We finally got about 3" a few weeks ago.  I'm out of the mood now ready for spring, which is a good thing since it's 75° today (15° above normal).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I live in an area that rarely ever gets snow (southern Arizona) and it has been years since I saw snow!  Probably close to 6 years!  I miss it - always liked seeing it a couple of times per season.

Honored Contributor

I live in the Washington, DC area.  Everyone is worried about the Cherry Blossoms.  I don't know if people are aware but it's a really big deal in this area (parades, etc).

We are expecting very cold weather this coming week and it could kill them, as they are at a very vulnerable stage (i.e. ready to bloom).

If you ever have a chance to come to DC in the Spring, come.  It turns magical with the beautiful cherry blossoms and flowers everywhere.

It becomes a perfect example of our country's historical past and hope for the future.  The past is going through all of the FREE museums and the future is walking around and seeing all of the outdoor monuments AND the beautiful blooming tulips and flowers everywhere in the city.  

When my girls were young we took them to DC every weekend to remind them of what an amazing country we live in.

With everything happening in the world today, it seems like a perfect Springtime (2017) to enjoy and feel good about where we live.

Good grief!  I sound like a travel brochure.  I think Americans get busted on so much, some start to believe it and it's good to be reminded 'we're not so bad'.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree I will give you our constant rain and take your snow.I love snow and find it uplifting but rain and all those grey skies is just cruel.

Trusted Contributor

7 inches or so DH out plowing our lane now.

Respected Contributor

We got 5 inches of snow (W PA) last night, wet and heavy, snowball and snowman type.  We were at 58 degrees Thursday and our high today was 34.  Lost electric for 2 hours this morning, which was probably due to a downed tree somewhere.  Our high temps are only going to be in the mid 30s most of next week.

My magnolia tree was just getting starting to bloom, so sadly all the blooms will freeze.

Honored Contributor

We had a couple inches. The trees were all covered and looked so pretty. More on Tuesday maybe.