Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm going to do a puzzle this winter! Really want to.

I've never been into puzzles but I do have other hobbies ~ not to ask a stupid question ~ but what do you all do with the puzzles, once you work them?

Do you frame them and hang them on the wall?

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I've never been into puzzles but I do have other hobbies ~ not to ask a stupid question ~ but what do you all do with the puzzles, once you work them?

Do you frame them and hang them on the wall?

@YorkieonmyPillow  Not stupid at all.  I personally admire mine for a week or so depending on how long I worked for it and then tear it all apart and put it away for a while.  Sometimes, it's like finding a new puzzle shop in your basement.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Lesa  I've been dealing with JigsawsGalore for several years now.  After becoming addicted to their free puzzles, I ventured in their vast collection of download-able themed puzzles that can be purchased in sets.  I believe a set of 50 is usually around $12, but they have sales a couple of times a year where you can buy 2 sets and get a 3rd for free.  And David Gray is awesome to deal with.  If you run into any problems or have any questions, he's excellent at responding to e-mails with very detailed helpful information.  Happy puzzling!!!!!!!!! (I'm at a point where I need to pace myself, since my wrists are beginning to ache from too much puzzling!!!!)

Honored Contributor

I like White Mountain Puzzles.  They are expensive, but fun.

For a cheap thrill, I get a 1000 piece Big Ben puzzle.  They are available everywhere.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I have a friend who does jigsaw puzzles with primarily book themes. Afterwards, she solidifies them with a puzzle glue and has them professionally framed. They line the stairway walls to the lower level of her home.

Quite beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I usually donate mine to the community room at the Senior Apartment Complex where my mom and dad lived. They frame them and they're hanging all over the building - not just mine, but many others.  They are strikingly beautiful.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Wow, that is expensive. I think I will look around a little and see what's out there. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

We started a new tradition. Every few years we go on an extended family vacation. Last time it was with my husband's 2 bothers and 2 sisters and spouses. We went to Charleston. We found a beautiful puzzle with different scenes of Charleton. All of us sat around and put together the puzzle. It was fun just sitting and laughing together working on it. 

We hope we are able to find puzzles of our new destinations.