Honored Contributor

Here's a pygmy goat.  Check it out, this little one is in someone's hand!

I think you can keep a pygmy goat in Michigan but I don't know how I would feel about keeping something this cute outside, in the cold, even if it had it's own shed.

Image result for pygmy goat

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Here's a pygmy goat.  Check it out, this little one is in someone's hand!

I think you can keep a pygmy goat in Michigan but I don't know how I would feel about keeping something this cute outside, in the cold, even if it had it's own shed.

Image result for pygmy goat

Oh no, not outside in the cold (even with pajamas).  Sorry to ask a potentially silly question but can you keep them inside?  How much bigger do they get?  They are just so adorable!  Heart

Honored Contributor

I don't know how big they get but the last time I googled it, I read that goats need to be kept outside.  I think they might get overheated, not to mention in the house, they won't wear down their hooves. 

Now, I have had experience trimming my former dog's nails, I have experience trimming bird beak and nails, but I don't think I would be a good candidate to trim a goat's foot.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks birdmama, I know the folks that raise these little darlings know what they are doing but they are just so adorable I worry about them!  Heart

Honored Contributor

FG - I do have some baby pics of Tarzan.  She (his first mother from whom we adopted him at the age of 5 1/2) had taken some photographs and let me have some of them.  The quality isn't the best and some were double-exposed, but I took digital pics of them and cleaned them up as much as I could.

I will have to dig them out but I'm having a very bad pain day today, so I cannot think too clearly.   I also don't want to further overtake the OP's thread.    But I'll find an appropriate time to share them.  He was so cute it was just silly!  Smiley Happy   Just like his little/big bro. 

Honored Contributor

Girly Goat

Image result for goat

Bratty Goat

Image result for goat

Rasta Goat

Image result for smiling goat

Honored Contributor

Oh DUH!  I just loved watching the Beekman Boys (reality?  I think?) and just put 2 and 2 together that that's what people on Beauty were talking about.

They had the goats and I remember the one guy was hand packaging soaps.

I love goats, too! 

And birds.