Trusted Contributor

Re: I am very happy to report...

Congratuatlions!!

Respected Contributor

Oh, YES!!   I have a six year old Great Granddaughter,  an almost 2 year old Great Grandson and another little lady on the way in mid April.  I never once imagined I'd be fortunate enough to live to be a Great Grandmother, but here I am, and they are so wonderful - even more so I think because I am so blessed to have lived to see them in my life.  Their Great Grandfather has been gone for a long while,  so I hope that God is showing them to him really often.  He would be so proud!

Trusted Contributor

Still waiting for our sons to get married, not pushing, but would like to see grandchildren at some point.

If they waited until DH retired, that would be perfect.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Newgate  hit the wrong button, Congratulations, that's wonderful.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to you and your family !!

Respected Contributor

fabulous news!  congratulations!

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations.   You are truly blessed as an I.   I have a 2 year old great grandson and one who is 6 months old.   Their daddy is a cancer survivor so we are doubly blessed.  Daddy is doing well and after all the chemotherapy no one was sure if he would be able to be a father.  Miracles do happen.  The family makes sure we great grandmothers spend time at least twice a month this winter.  Come summer and picnic time we will do it more often.  We all live within 50 miles.

I hope that you live near him.  As a family even distant can no longer keep families apart. It is also a blessing that our tablets and laptops allow us to talk face to face.  You will not miss any of the daily changes.  You better get out your gym clothes and sneakers.  You will soon be rolling around on the floor with him and having the time of your life.  Enjoy and make beautiful memories for you and for him.  Thru his memories and stories to his children you will live on for 100 more years and beyond.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

Congrats!!!!

IMG_1759.JPG

Respected Contributor

Wonderful news! Congratulations. If all goes well, I will be a GGma for the first time the beginning of july. I'll be 83 by then, if I'm here. Makes me happy to know that my hubby's name will go on since this is a GS's baby. I'm the only GG it will have, and I asked the mom if it would be okay if the baby called me GG. Great grandma is a mouthful.

You will enjoy this little guy so much. Remember having grands? That brought a lot of responsibility with it...lots of babysitting, for instance. But, nobody's going to expect that of the GGma... win-win.

God bless all of you, and again, YEAH for you.

snappy Heart

Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  My son married a lovely girl with a daughter whose dad had passed away. She entered our lives when she was 3 . She is eight now but we have considered her our granddaughter since we realized their relationship was serious. Well this past summer they gave us another granddaughters. Since I raised three boys I am so thrilled with these girls! 

Talking about great grandparents I am very blessed to have both my parents alive in their eighties and in good health. They have 5 children,14 grandchildren and 8 great grand children! In fact their youngest granddaughter is 14 the same age as the oldest great grandchild!!! The oldest granddaughter is 39 and the youngest is 14. Our family is very close and we see each other often. My parents are really blessed to be able to enjoy all the kids. Em